SYNTRX II from Erica Synths

Just spoke to Erica Synths who said its being released in September hopefully. Got my name down for one.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Loopop review is up.

Also, new demo vid from ES (including a Perkons pairing):

9 Likes

Erica Synths shared a post on Instagram: "Space sounds with SYNTRX II. Self oscillating low pass filter modulated with sample & hold and sent through built in tape delay emulation 🪐✨ #SYNTRXII". Follow their account to see 705 posts.

1 Like

this thing is so sexy. i know i could never come close to fully utilizing it but goddamn do those aesthetics pull me in

2 Likes

I’m 100% in the same boat, but I desperately want to make noise with it. I’ve absolutely loved every video clip so far in terms of just raw sound.

3 Likes

They added some new features.

6 Likes

Does anyone understand how to switch to midi clock mode? The manual says there should be INT, MIDI, and MAN modes but I only see CLK and MAN modes…
Also, dumb question but anyone know how to delete notes from the internal step sequencer?

Edit: I figured it out. But to my benefit, it’s not really clear in the manual

I got the Buchla Easel. I just sent Robin from EMS my deposit for the Synthi A. It will be 4 years from now. As soon as a Syntrx II is available will grab one too.

How’s the SYNTRX original been treating you ?

1 Like

I’m loving it - it is fun to play with on its own in drone or rhythmic mode. It pairs well with the Minibrute 2s or OT or Keystep 37.

It would be tempting to fabricate new end cheeks to combine the Syntrx & MB2s into a franken-AKS, but they are easier to move around and store as separate units rather than one monster.

2 Likes

You’re one of the few synth collectors / players I trust. Looks like I’m getting the SYNTRX II then.

Drone on!

1 Like

What sold me was watching the Hainbach (very positive) videos and Shoebridge (either very negative, or very dry) back to back. Everything Shoebridge hated and Hainbach loved sounded good to me and I have not been disappointed.

Edit:
The only thing I find disappointing about the Mk1 Syntrx is the hysteresis / lag of the vernier dials. That is easily solved by using the dial to get close to what I want and then fine-tuning with the joystick. Mk2 obviously won’t suffer from this problem but also lacks the vernier dials.

From a sonic perspective, I love the noise and grit. I have a Spring King that I plan to mod after my summer vacation and will probably get a Moisturizer eventually, so the dirty-noisy spring in the Syntrx 1 is valuable for it’s character and limitations.

I spent some time thinking about whether the Syntrx is really worth 10x the SE-02. The two synths are different enough in UX and sonic character that I don’t see much point in comparing them. They play nicely together and each can stand alone. Software will always be cheaper but the Syntrx is a pleasure to play with and make music with.

4 Likes

I’d love to hear more about how you’re using the Syntrx and MB2S together.

1 Like

I’m mostly just running a single MIDI cable from the MB2s to the Syntrx and using the MB2 as a sequencer. There is a lot of opportunity to make use of the ins and outs and patch panel if you want to, but I haven’t really gone there.

1 Like

Having a lot of fun using the 2 modulation lanes on the Syntrx II sequencer. Using one to modulate filter and the other to modulate decay. But what is great is swapping back and forth which lane modulates which parameter. Happy accidents!

4 Likes

Anyone else get theirs yet? Curious about other folks experiences with it.