SYNTRX II from Erica Synths

1 Like

Seems like itā€™s the same part, mine is also plenty stiffā€¦ unfortunately some people got droopy joysticks, maybe erica would replace them if asked.

1 Like

I think that joy-stick discussion has been done already in the other SYNTRX thread. If you want iā€™ll get the link.

3 Likes

Maybe worth it to reassure anyone who had the ā€˜droopyā€™ syndromešŸ˜Æ

If itā€™s like any of the joysticks Iā€™ve worked with it will be a self contained part soldered to a circuit board - so replaceable but not something most people would be able to swap out unfortunately.

Itā€™s probably a standard part - is it one of these by any chance? Omter Joystick Unit ā€“ Thonk ā€“ DIY Synthesizer Kits & Components

Edit: Iā€™m fairly sure it is this one.

Like i said this is all a repeat, you can go back and reread the whole thing here :

Given that no one has the 2, an extra repeat on the discussion may be moot, letā€™s not relive this problem. Unless you insist.

1 Like
4 Likes

nice look at the sequencer there at the end

1 Like

Itā€™s such a gorgeous machine - itā€™s like one of those VSTā€™s you see and wish were real

3 Likes

Beautiful

A work of art?

Iā€™d happily buy a bricked one and hang it one a wall!

2 Likes

Nice stuff, sounds like the filter is a significantly different to me, maybe not a diode filter. He talks about it here mostly like it is a direct improvement on the first model. I suppose it is tricky to ride the line of selling a new product and making old users feel good about spending a decent chunk more on the old product. Some of them very recently.

3 Likes

Thank you for being a guinea pig, and funding this wild amount of research, that i am now going to cash in on. /s

But i donā€™t think thatā€™s what occurred. The first one is an excellent product, that everyone who owns should treasure.

3 Likes

:joy: yeah I mean went I bought I always assumed there would be a second versionā€¦ just doesnā€™t make sense to put the R and D into it that they did for just a one time limited run. I do indeed treasure mine as well. It would be a nice goodwill gesture if they pushed an update to the old versions mod matrix but I suppose I donā€™t know if it is actually possible, they did tell me it was once but maybe they ran into complications with updating it.

Anyways I donā€™t really want to derail the thread off of syntrx 2 it looks really cool, I would like to hear the effects of using its delay as a mod source instead of directly listening to it. Would be cool to see some midi based patch scrolling also. Imagine catching a delay on one patch and then using it as the modulation source on the next, could be some pretty interesting stuff :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Astonishing to me really the technology that Erica is now capable of. The future products from them will also be stellar.

3 Likes

Drum machines too. I think if a manufacturer makes me want to make techno even though Iā€™m not into techno is a success

YES! would love this. give us the sequencer! (though in reality, thereā€™s probably a dedicated chip for that in the V2, I guessā€¦) and I agree about always assuming thereā€™d be more versions/investing R&D timeā€¦ related: keep an eye on the Perkons platform in the future.

this is the #1 feature Iā€™ve wanted since the second I saw the V1. itā€™s so awesome to just leave the front panel as is, then scroll through patches and see what you get. would be even better if you could sequence that via midi. lots of happy accidents and chaos.

2 Likes

i played with it at Superbooth:

8 Likes
7 Likes