Techno - thoughts?

7 Likes

my personal preference would be to drop that sustained vocal

Thank you! I can see that being something people are either into or not

This is good.

Do not drop the sustained tone. I like it; helps build tension. A bit more reverb to help is ring out when it stops might be nice, but it also might not.

2 Likes

Dope as usual, for you!

And yea, keep the sustained vocal tone. It’s the glue. If anything, consider varying it up slowly over time to bring out what it is doing: building tension.

2 Likes

:metal: Thank you!

This one I actually let Live record the midi clips on the individual tracks so I can actually edit the midi/automation.

I usually just record a two-track audio jam and I’m kind of one and done. With this one I have some flexibility in making changes.

Thanks @t and @AdamJay for the suggestions

2 Likes

A few more like these and you have a nice techno EP ready to go on Bandcamp etc.

1 Like

Heck yea, thanks!

I just went through a bunch of half done projects last night and some of them deserve some more attention to see where they go…so yea, I like your idea :+1:

2 Likes

Go. For. It.

Nice beat. A few ideas at mark 440 there is a slight pause which is a nice break. I’d add a reverse sound like a turntable record moving backwards. Also I like a section with just beats with a breakdown then begin again to add tension

1 Like

I like it. It’s very persistent and hypnotic and that’s what I think of when I think of techno.

1 Like

…i would’nt call it progressive…
but pretty oldschool…another lonly long distance runner…tool track classic…

and i’m afraid this nice low end u got there, vanishes on a real floor sound system, since it sounds all over the phase place…all punch will get lost in swimming…
might wanna consider some further mid/side treatment in remaster process…

1 Like

Good catch. Thank you! I’ll mono the lows and see what happens.

A friend of mine is interested in this one and I told him I’d try my hand at a proper mix down, so thank you!

“Proper mix down” = nervous I’ll kill the energy/vibe

But it’s something I need to learn to do

1 Like

Do this by default and never have to worry about it again :wink:

1 Like