Teenage Engineering OB-4 (update)

The good thing though is that the battery lasts for a very long time so it’s not that much of an issue.

But yeah, I fully recommend it. Don’t know what that subharmonic thing is about, I don’t have that issue. It sounds great across the frequency range in my opinion and the little gimmicks it has are fun. I use mine 100% as just a Bluetooth speaker.

1 Like

Many thanks to all of you for the helpful responses! I think I will order an ob-4 in the coming days from thomann. If it has the warbling issue, I’m just going to return it within the 30 day return period.

1 Like

The ob-4 arrived today and I’ve just been sitting in front of it and listening to some of my favorite music for hours. I’m actually somewhat floored at just how good it sounds, especially given it’s small size.

4 Likes

I bought on sale late last year and use it for monitoring mixes and as backup radio when power out and in garage when I’m working on stuff. It’s fun tool and I also record to it.

Jean Michel Jarre use it for experiment, i believe in this guy

Hey all! Is it possible to turn the ob-4 off via bluetooth? Does it drain the battery if left on or does it auto turn off?

No, you can’t turn it off by bluetooth. I don’t think there’s an auto-power off, either; the volume is the hard switch for power.

hmm yes, I was afraid of this, one of the downsides of the product if you use it as BLE speaker imo. you end up forgetting and having to charge which probably wastes cycles

Hi OB-4 friends.

Does any one know how to play the tape from the start of recording.

Meaning after I finish jamming and want to listen back from the start of the tape. I know that I can scroll the tape back but after a 2 hour jam it’s a lot of scrolling to get back to start.

Any short cut to do this?