Tempo control of Acidlab bassline3

Hi All,
So I have the global settings in ‘sync’ set so that Tempo In is set to ‘internal’, Tempo Out set to ON, so it sends out MIDI clock
I have Ctrl In set to OFF, as the BL3 doesn’t send any MIDI messages, and Ctrl Out set to OFF, as I don’t want the MD to control the sequencer. However the MD seems to do exactly this regardless of what the settings are.
The BL3 in set up correctly, but it can now be played from the MD trig buttons. Anybody got any ideas? Hope so!!

Did you mean to say that “it can NOT be played from the MD trig buttons”?

Hi, it CAN be played from the trig buttons. All I want is the MD to provide MIDI clock. Currently if I play a pattern on the MD, it tries to play in on the BL3 as well…

Which MIDI channels does the Bassline 3 receive on?

The MD will send MIDI messages by default. What happens if you set the MD’s Base Channel to ‘–’?

Hi,
This is from the bassline3 manual:

To use the Bassline3 in Midi Mode, switch off the Bassline using the On-Off slide switch on the right side of the rear panel. Now hold the the Write/Next [Midi] button and switch the Bassline back on with the On-Off slide switch.
By pressing the Select button and the Write/Next [MIDI] button simultaneously, the Midi-Learn-Mode is activated and will be indicated by the 4 blinking LEDs of Step 1-4.

The first received midi-note sets the midi-channel (1-16) and the four LEDs stops blinking. The midi-channel will be saved untill a new Midi-Learn-Mode is activated.

So from the above, when I hit play on the MD, the BL3 learns the channel that the MD is transmitting on.
If I set the channel to --, then I get no signal at all…

So I downloaded the Bassline3 manual to read.

Let’s check according to the Bassline3 manual:

Page 23: Make sure the Bassline3 Sync switch is set to ‘MIDI In’.

Page 24: Make sure the Bassline3 is NOT in MIDI Mode (which disables the internal sequencer).

Hi Peter,

Thanks for taking the time with this.
It also says on page 23 that to use the MIDI clock of a MIDI master, the synchronization switch must be all the way to the left. This disables the internal sequencer.
So once I have synched the BL3, I restarted as per the instructions. But the internal sequencer is still disabled until I move the synchronization switch to ‘sync in’. Now the unit is no longer a MIDI slave !!
I’m confused.

It doesn’t say that on page 23 of the version of the manual that I downloaded. It only says:

If the synchronisation switch is in the position Midi in, a Midi Clock of a Midi-master synchronises the bassline.

The way that I read it, MIDI mode on the Bassline3 is not the same as using clock from MIDI In. It’s two separate switches and covered in different sections of the manual (pages 23 and 24 as I wrote above). But then you’re the one who actually has the unit in front of you, so you know best!

If that fails, and no-one else on here who has a Bassline3 can answer, then get in touch with the manufacturer.

It doesn’t seem to be a problem with the MD, anyway.

Hope you get it sorted out!

Cheers,
I sent them an email about it, but I think I’m gonna get a dedicated MIDI clock as I have a few other instruments in my setup…

ATB