The beer thread

Did you take any pics of that beer in a glass? Curious to know if it’s got actual clarity like a proper west coast IPA, or if it still has the hazy chicken broth appearance of modern NEIPAs.

1 Like

It’s unfiltered, so it looks more like a NEIPA. Outstanding IPA, though–pretty much a hybrid west coast/NEIPA. I love a good NEIPA–and fortunately Other Half has a brewery and fantastic distribution here in DC, but I’m not always in there mood for a tropical fruit bomb. Prolific has some good west coast bones–bitterness/dankness, with super nice modern balance of hops. I like it a lot.

1 Like

Cheers. I’ll have to keep an eye out for it around here. I used to be able to get Burial draft for the bar I managed pre-covid, but I’m out of touch with their availability these days as I’m just working in the taproom of a local brewery now. I don’t think their packaged beer ever came into this market (Boston) in significant quantity.

1 Like

Burial Beer Co. – we should tell them to make a beer called Untrue. That would be a tough legacy to live up to though. Maybe they can just start with Antidawn. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t beat the old classic mate.

1 Like

The can is certainly very cool.
One year my restaurant threw its employee party at Wayfinder brewery. The owners scheduled it at noon, thinking that this might dissuade the shocking amount of alcohol consumed at the previous employee party, but instead it was a bunch of people who hadn’t eaten yet showing up and trying to drink as much as humanly possible in the three hour window we were allotted.
I got my first concussion from falling flat on my face and nearly broke a rib.

6 Likes

Italian style?

I have had exactly one good Italian beer in my life, and that was at a pizzeria in Zurich (a craft IPA), and like everything else in Zurich, it cost me way too much.

I have had my share of not-good Italian beers, mostly at pizzerias in Italy that refuse to serve wine (some do, thankfully).

I had this one earlier in the thread!

:beers:

1 Like

:thinking:

2 Likes

:yum:

6 Likes

Of all of the supermarket-big London craft breweries, Beavertown is definitely my favourite. Consistently great beers. Love their aesthetic too.
Got myself a bank holiday treat of a couple of their Tempus Project bottles,

First up is this guy - a “wild ale” with hibiscus and juniper, and to follow an oak aged mixed fermentation saison (not really sure what any of that means, but it sounds good)

3 Likes

seen some ciders in this thread, so here’s my favorite one, named „де Сад“ (de Sade) – wordplay: de Sade is transcribed in ukrainian & russian as де Сад, but сад (without de) is ukrainian & russian for garden.

its taste resembles prosecco :grin:

1 Like

A fresh delight:

1 Like

Nothing more to say…

Summer beer

8 Likes

As much as I hate their fake punk ethos, they do occasionally make a really nice beer.

3 Likes

Wait a sec… how can that can fill the glass if it’s smaller than the glass?!

2 Likes

there is a pile of empties just out of shot…

for some reason, seems none of the hoppy trinity American breweries were glorified here yet, so here they come: Rogue Ales & Spirits, Sierra Nevada and Anderson Valley Brewing Co with their cult classics
Outta Line is the cleanest modern take on classic IPA, with almost 7% abv (just 66ibu)
Funkin Nutz is more playful and jazzy, only 58ibu for its 7.5% alc.
and Fantastic Haze is anti-imperial ipa, with mindblowing 40ibu and fresh bright taste at its 10% abv

2 Likes