The Behringer era

Just like boutique synth makers benefit if more people get into synths because there are affordable options as well.

2 Likes

competition is good for development --> Boing vs. Airbus

anyway, if you take a look at the list of 50 top-selling products from Thomann you will see in general Behringer with six different products (synths and mixer) and on the top-ten-list for synth-modules eight products!!! I think this tells a lot and i guess this list can be reproduced in the most countries worldwide. This is a conquest - think about Japan back in the 70ies and nowadays China copying everything. With this kind of attitude you will gain knowledge and at some point in time there will be new kind of products based on this behavior but with highly altered DNA from the old products. To be honest, the big companies specially like Roland underestimated Behringer when they approached the synth-market.

Because these manufacturers at least have the integrity of own designs, their own little twist. And names of course. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

You don’t wanna go that low like Bith Lord Uli. It’s a matter of character.

Karma and tings…

I don’t need to man, somewhere there’s an alternate reality where I did trademark the Neutron , then flew to USA and helped Moog clone the Neutron, which they released at half the RRP of the Behringer version ( for shits and giggles) This set in motion the wheels that would become known as the Synth of Classique Revolt , and all the companies ripped off by the Bith filed and won their lawsuits, which eventually destroyed the Bith and the evil Bempire.
But that was of course a long time a go in a galaxy far far away…

4 Likes

A new hope…

1 Like

@lemons I don’t know if they went over this in training but the more you defend your employer with false equivalencies and straw men and whataboutisms and red herrings the weaker your efficacy will be at defending B. Just a PSA.

6 Likes

Eh… Okay. Just to be clear, I like what Behringer is doing because they sell quality synths at cheap prices. I don’t understand the haters at all. That’s the only reason I defend Behringer. Kind of funny that the haters only see it possible for someone to defend Behringer if they work for them :slight_smile:

And I don’t really care if I’m efficient at defending Behringer or not, I am just having a discussion here and stating my opinions :slight_smile:

Like Behringer’s Deepmind 12 which adds a lot to Juno or Poly D which adds a lot to Model D?

1 Like

That’s 2 out of 5457???

Again,only for you. Nobody, absolutely nobody would complain if B would have gone the same route with their other other clones.

I do think the Neutron and especially the Deep mind are good products. It shows B is absolutely capable of doing cool stuff.

Protecting names from gear which other companies have built? Trident??? Really??? That module came out last year and Uli is patenting the name Trident? How fucking low and lame is that?

You can defend that guy into oblivion (and flag me once again, I don’t care) but to me it’s utterly characterless. You don’t have a problem with these shady business practices? Fine, but I have.

I guess you’d buy a Boctatrack for 300 in a heartbeat right?

3 Likes

I have never flagged you, not sure what you are talking about…

Also their more direct clones also add stuff like patchpoints etc.

Furthermore, what Behringer is doing is legal. It’s not shady to build clones if there is no law against it. Gear has long been overpriced, it’s about time there is some actual competition in this market.

I’d certainly buy a sampler from Behringer if they sold it for 300.

2 Likes

haha, right after reading this post I scrolled past a post by “Belektron” on Instagram :smile:

2 Likes

It’s not a question of legal or not. It’s a question of pissing onto others parade without the need.

By competing? I understand that competitors may consider it pissing into their parade, but for the consumer - which I am - it’s solely a good thing.

I’m a consumer as well. But not a selfish/senseless one.

What’s the point of trademarking Rossum’s name ‘Trident’? That has nothing to do with competition.

That must be Uli. He’ll present the Boctatrack soon in a video as Benk.

2 Likes

I can’t be sure but I would assume they are referring to Korg Trident from 1980, not a recent module from Rossum.

3 Likes

If so, the question still stands.

Also, I don’t hate Behringer. I just laugh at them because of their utter lazyness. Uli is a cocky dude, I admit that.

1 Like

benk :rofl:

I wouldn’t call them lazy. Look at how many synths they released last year…

1 Like