The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

Looks very appealing to me, if there’s enough distinction to the Neutron in practice then this is instabuy - seems rude not to pair them up.

The Neutron 3340 already offers sine from its 3340 take which is otherwise quite flexible shape-wise.

A new filter type would be good here as much as the Neutron one is strong on bass retention in resonance. Different flavours always welcome.

Looks tidy, hopefully sounds good.

Wee gear is all and well, but playability suffers, this is the sweetspot size for bang/m3

5 Likes

The appearance reminds me of 90’s 32bit windows VST aesthetic.

Which doesn’t completely bother me :thinking:

2 Likes

Came for the red, stayed for the black :grinning:

1 Like

Between my Clarett 8pre, Virus B and Pulsar-23, all my hardware is red and/or black. :smiley:

1 Like

Also reminiscent of this:

Just played with one of these in class yesterday haha

4 Likes

They moved the patch point labels to the top of the jack, which I guess is more common in the modular world, but now it doesn’t match the Neutron!

Hard to judge from computer screen colors, but this blue looks more subdued compared to their 2600 Blue Marvin.

2 Likes

Must be a very fun class. I’ve never even seen one.

2 Likes

Dual filter… Nice !

3 Likes

Yeah dual Multimode filters sounds ace. :+1:

2 Likes

Neutron, Proton…
The next one is Electron. Syntakt confirmed?

6 Likes

To be fair, this is a bit more Winalot Prime than the Neutron’s Tesco Value but still, I imagine that Fido would make short work of it.

Anyway, it looks a decent synth and a nice alternative to the Neutron - continuing the theme that I prefer B* when they do their own thing rather than ‘be inspired’ but ultimately it’s just not for me…

2 Likes

Electron will be the Syntakt clone. They already have the plans.

1 Like

Not that fun at the time really, messed with it in my 1st year electrician apprentice class. Everyone else thought it was meh but I was like omg it’s a modular synth! Definitely could use the function generator in a test equipment set-up like Hainbach.

2 Likes

This is sooo exciting that I will probably get both. Insane value point at 299 each. I love how Neutron sounds and I doubt this one will be any worse. It’s great that they are innovating new ideas as well.

4 Likes

No fair… we had pieces of plywood with batten lamp holders and pieces of twin and earth back in my day :joy:

Although we did have some fun with a variac and some pieces of tinfoil all in the name of using the correct value of fuse/fuse wire :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Behringer is going nuts!

3 Likes

Looks like I may have finally found my B2600’s new friend! So much cheaper than buying all those utilities individually.

Yet another $99 synth from Behringer.

From Behringer’s Facebook page:

Many of you shared with us how much you love the magic sound of this magic synth. While we’re also working on a full size synthesizer, here is our affordable mini version with the authentic circuitry and sound, but accessible to everyone.
The product development is completed and once we receive the necessary chips, we’ll ship this marvel. Suggested price is US$ 99 so all of you now have access to this beautiful sound.

Analog Polyphonic Synthesizer with 3 VCOs, Multi-Mode VCF, Arpeggiator and 16-Step Motion Sequencer

• Portable analog polyphonic and programmable synthesizer
• Inspired by the classic Jupiter synthesizer from the ‘80s
• 27 touch-sensitive keys for great playability
• Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
• VCOs with 4 selectable saw, triangle, square and pulse waveforms
• Pulse width modulation for additional sound creation
• Vintage multi-mode filter with resonance for desirable classic sounds
• Filter switchable between 2- and 4-poles for additional sound creation
• Extensive play modes featuring poly, unison and arpeggiator
• 16-step motion sequencer with 8 memory slots and recording of knob movements
• LFO with saw, triangle, square and random waves for vibrato, tremolo and wah-wah effects
• Voltage Controller Amplifier with a dedicated ADSR envelope
• Micro USB connector allows powering via smartphone, power bank or computer
• Sync Input and Output to synchronize with other synthesizers or drum machines
• Comprehensive MIDI implementation (including NRPN/CC control of all parameters and bulk load/save)

8 Likes

It looks so volkish.