The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

Because if they did, the hotshot would be impeded by all the stakeholders weighing in and diluting his efforts. Big companies have a very hard time recognizing talent, much less empowering it. That’s been my experience anyways, though I’m no hotshot.

1 Like

Though I’m not really in the market for any of the mini/souls versions or this potential eurorack version I do appreciate that this is one area where B are doing something a little different and not just slavishly sticking to a design from before time began. Looking at the number of controls on the euro version of their VS it looks like it might have a bit of menu diving involved or be very reliant on external cv… be curious to see how it pans out.

However, as @Jukka suggests, a euro version of the Hiro-tribe could be really appealing and tip me over into the interested category.

2 Likes

Wen Crave?

gonna snap one up pronto when it’s released.

[edit, got the name wrong lol. I meant Edge] . WEN EDGE :laughing:

1 Like

WHOA this one is gonna be unreal. no brainer

Behringer

t5clfS0pon91o635rmlec40d03 ·

"What about we’d manage to get an authentic CS80 voice into this little box, with MIDI and motion sequencer, perhaps even 3-note polyphony.

This is a design proposal only but we think it would be possible to build this jewel for US$ 99 retail.

What do you think?"

who would have thought someone would make an analog cs-80 in the style of a volca for $99 in 2022

10 Likes

Not to be too down on it but it looks like the parameters are giving that you get about 1/4 of a CS80 voice. But yea 100$ is a deal. Just not sure how much CS80 is in there at that point. Hard not to see it as them just trying to sell something on the CS name. Then again they will likely redesign it, maybe atleast get the hp filter in it and get it closer to half a CS80 voice.

2 Likes

Deckard’s Daydream

3 Likes

Very nice idea, doing a sort of Volca Keys but with a historical synth voice, at least it’s a new combination of concepts.

I am a bit concerned with the size of the faders, and a little taken aback by the “from 10 to 0” volume knob.

spinaltap

4 Likes

The CS Mini is only a proposal, a sketch on a napkin, if you like, so keep that in mind.

This is a potential way to make use of the efforts Manchester engineer John Price has made to create an analog circuit that sounds like a CS-80 with currently available components.

I posted the update on that up-thread.

Now when i see these Mini and Micro synths i think of the inexpensive Eurorack version too. And we do also have a DS-80, with a poly-aftertouch keyboard, to look forward too.

That facebook link. When someone asked for a normal CS80 Behringer replied…“in the works”. Is this true? Because if it is then that would be astounding.

For a very long time.

But at least their talking about it. I think they like challenges.

No they’re doing it. It’s called the DS-80.

Woah. Like for like or scaled down?

I think it’s full boat, check out the pictures in the article linked in the early post here.

By the way, they intend the poly-aftertouch keybed with this.

2 Likes

Socks blown off! Their fetching up to 50K second hand. Deckards Dream is the only thing really close but not the same build. Man this is music to my ears! Thanks!

1 Like

So this has patch storage. The Yamaha CS Reface doesn’t. One up!.

Video done to prove the JT-4000 Micro is real.

Synth King is also a beta-tester for Behringer – for instance he did this video of the UB-Xa back in mid 2021.

Notice how they changed the name from JP-4000. Likely an inadvertant trademark collision, lots of time for the cosmetics with these.

1 Like

i prefer the micro/mini names, more easily understandable , helps define the size of each type of box rather than soul/spirit .

its quite tiny… sounded ‘ok’ for that type of track but didnt make me want one… i’m quite happy with sunrizer app.

2 Likes

Screen blacked out for filter sweep = knobs probably not working yet?

1 Like

Yeah, good observation Clancy!

We can be 100 % sure that all of the Micro and Mini series is not done, done.

Behringer is just comfortable showing work in progress, it’s the way they do things.

4 Likes