The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

For the Pro 800 to actually be available to purchase in reasonable numbers in April, they will have to be on shipping boats soon. In the past Behringer has sent a smaller number of units by air to Thomann in Germany, but most shops receive units later via boat. Sometimes there has been upwards of 6 months from a product appearing at Thomann and a being available to purchase from a retailer like Sweetwater in the US.

2 Likes

As I was saying before, just sending a bunch of Biphase from China to US, in order to show that the gear does really exists on the market actually produces the negative effect of making customers even more furious

I wonder how a company can imagine such nonsense

1 Like

Thatā€™s not to the US. Thatā€™s Andertons in the UK and Iā€™m talking about Japan. Anyway, Iā€™m out, sorry you canā€™t get a Bi-Phase.

1 Like

Interesting. It looks like sweetwater had 8 at one time, now they donā€™t even list it as a product. Amazon USA had 2 or more at one time, and also donā€™t list it as a product anymore.

When you go to the Behringer website, almost all the links for this product are broken except the Thomann ā€œpreorderā€. People on GS mention behringer may have pulled product back due to an active lawsuit.

if someone really wants one, they are being sold on reverb with a +50% markup

The RD9 shenanigans were pretty crazy, but so was the demand. Not sure if itā€™s comparableā€¦
Iā€™d call Thomann and ask then how many are scheduled to be shipped and how the chances for you actually getting one/how many other customers are waiting. If it doesnā€™t happen in theee weeks, look somewhere else.

Iā€™ve seen Behringer products going in/out of stock at Thomann regularly. Could have bought the RD9 last months, came across it browsing other gear purely by chance - 1-2 days later all RD9s were gone.

I forget if Thomann actually charges you when you place an order for stuff not in stock, but regardless itā€™s only three weeksā€¦

About the JT-2 prototype shown yesterday. Iā€™m reading some tea leaves.

Saw another announcement from a different company today, and i think it may explain why Behringer made the prototype display when they did.

Many reading here are aware of the engineering development work that Rob Keeble at AMSynths has done for Behringer. They did the engineering on the 2600, and the 2500 Eurorack modules, for example.

Well today look at what AMSynths is announcing :

This new Eurorack Jupiter filter is a rework, of their version from last year. The article is a good read as it goes into detail on this filterā€™s design.

Behringer likely has the Jupiter oscillator design covered, as it is similar enough to other products from them. This work from AMSynths, likely buttons up the filter design on a Jupiter product for them now.

EDIT : Made correction to this post, as what happened yesterday, was Behringer showing a prototype, not announcing a new product. Thatā€™s how i read their FB post.

2 Likes

It was in stock at Andertons and Bax a few weeks ago because I remember discussing it on here and nearly bought one.

1 Like

My understanding is that Rob Keeble / AMSynths isnā€™t working for Behringer any longer, so Iā€™m not sure the two projects are related.

An interesting coincidence between the two Jupiter projects then. Behringer certainly can do their own Jupiter filter design too.

Iā€™d be interested in more specifics of what you know.

Reading the AMSynths ā€œBioā€ page, it seems like they worked under contract, doing ā€œprojectsā€, not as an employee with Behringer.

The dates listed are for 2019 and 2020. They did the 2600, all the 2500 modules and the MS-5 ladder filter.

( My post above on MS-5. )

Then immediately after that they did an analysis of the Behringer System 55 ( interesting reading ), and then created more Eurorack System 55 modules that complement and add to the ones from Behringer and sold those.

AMSynths is working on System 100 modules in 2023, and looking for collaborations, and opportunities to license their designs and products for manufacture.

4 Likes

Sounds good to me.

1 Like

new ms-1 mk2 announced too.
fixed glide and new filter chip i think

string ensemble
taurus
edge
p800
all shipping.

3 Likes

Adding a link for the '101ā€™ii ^ with new coolaudio clone chips

3 Likes

seems they miss the chance to add the original sequencer

Where do you see them shipping or available for purchase?

On Facebook Behringer posted photos of boxes being shipped from their factory

Still waiting for the vcs3, been long enough

1 Like

Interesting but ā€¦ what the hell is ā€œdual glideā€?
And why would I care about the ā€œVCF and VCA performanceā€ itā€™s a analogue synth what does this even mean?

Sound Only !!!

Behringer Facebook : As weā€™re getting ready for the production of the long awaited UB-Xa ā€¦

3 Likes

I think I will be buying an edge sometime along the road. It is ugly as ferk though

1 Like