The Big Elektronauts Hip-Hop Thread: production tips, sharing our music, feedback and inspiration

A new beat made on the DT. I tried to make a uk drill beat on the old school way and with boombap sounding samples.
Can’t wait to incorporate the DN!

For this beat, i used samples provided by Elektronauts for the Hiphop beat battle, there was a lot of material in the sample pack we made!!
@Jedilicious thanks for the sample, i took bits of @surfacescan and @LyingDalai thanks guys

10 Likes

Everybody pretend they didn’t hear @drrumble submission and @Unifono will gently insert his track into the blindfolded pile.

@drrumble if
You want to edit your post to remove your track and just submit private to unifono - feel free!

3 Likes

This is not the track for the battle, i already submited one :wink: This one just use some sample material from the pack

3 Likes

Holy smokes dude! Love what you did with the sample(s) man. I could easily listen to a full track and would probably put it on my favorite list as well :muscle:t2::heart:

2 Likes

listening with my eyes closed right now…

2 Likes

And with your ears closed too please!

2 Likes

Wassup hip-hop heads! As hinted to last month, the second part of my beat tape is out now!

This go around I put a bunch of more chill tracks together as a complementary side B to the first part of the beat tape, which was much more wild. If you’d like to know more about a specific song, let me know and I’ll go dig around in the project files.

Any and all (constructive :wink:) feedback is welcomed!

Cheers :pineapple:

5 Likes

Dope tape, like that jazzy mood!

1 Like

Another DT beat made today, i try to go deeper on the concept of the last one.

5 Likes

Just did this one, I was kinda inspired by listening to a lot of Griselda stuff.
I tried to get some variation using scenes and performance mode.

7 Likes

Bang bang, that’s good to experiment something diferent than my classic boombap style, i’m pretty inspired. Oh and the DT is so amazing by the way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

is that all DT?

1 Like

Yes DT only, i record the stereo out with overbridge and just put a limiter (fabfilter l2) in reaper to make it louder

2 Likes

damn, dude. sounds good for such a simple recording setup.

1 Like

I know instagram videos are difficult to share here. Just want throw in some stuff I was doing recently. Pretty hooked to koala sampler. Just so convenient. Have to find some time to mix them properly in ableton to finally get another beattape done. Sample flipping is just so fun :upside_down_face:

If I would only make boombap beats, I guess Koala would be my number 1 sampler.

3 Likes

Nice! Definitly have to try this app!

1 Like

I love Marlow’s vids, and I really appreciated his talk at the end of the vid about making beats in whatever way feels good to you, as opposed to the industry standard way of doing things. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I love his channel too.

1 Like

Finished 28 Beats this weekend. Not sure if I release them as an album or if I try to mix them together.
I have the feeling I’m often not very good at creating beats for an instrumental album, that stand on their own super well, but rather would work as rap beats. I usually get one really nice loop out of a sample flip, sometimes one variation…
I think I just keep them very short (maybe 1:30 to 2:00 minutes) to not get boring. Still I’m really glad I finally mixed quite a bunch, some of them were lying around for quite a while.

6 Likes

ATM, i have very little time, but I am really enjoying all the stuff you guys are posting here.

I hope that I will have a bit more time for beats myself in a couple of weeks…

4 Likes