The Big Elektronauts Hip-Hop Thread: production tips, sharing our music, feedback and inspiration

Thank man… appreciate it… :pray:

Didn’t check out this thread for a while, but there’s some dope stuff posted here again guys! There’s some real talent around this forum.

@Doug the sampletrak stuff you posted inspired me to bring out my sampletrak again… the sound you get out of it is so great. I’ve had some succes using the sequencer at double speed by the way.

Here’s my latest stuff by the way: I produced this entire ep by Dutch MC Kiddo Cee on the AR, except for tracks 3 and 5, which I did on the DT. He chose some beats I made for the battles so you guys might recognise some tracks haha.

5 Likes

That’s cool. I heard that single you guys put out a little while back and now y’all got the whole thing.

And nah, with the Sampletrak, I only went back and started using the sequencer again because I want to make a video about it. But there isn’t really any upside to it when I can have a lot more control from my Digitakt, especially with my little program that I need to finish.

1 Like

Shiiiiit, this is fire (boom!) and I’m only listening through my phone

a couple joints I had the ability to send over to Del the Funky Homosapien yesterday

9 Likes

sublime. will have to listen to this on headphones, but it sounds perfect with roots manuva over the top. very nice.

2 Likes

Its wild to read this post. Last night I was thinking of what records influenced me the most and this one kept popping up as possibly my #1. Everything about it, even the album cover and art was perfect. Its just pretty rare to be as quirky and silly as the Beastie Boys and still be taken seriously as legendary hip hop artists. The way they toed the line between humor and also punk rock and hip hop was crazy. That takes enormous skill.

I loved all the live playing on Check Your Head, the punk rock songs, how they distorted the hell out of What Ya Want and it sounded amazing, huge drums…etc.

Anyway I ended up playing bass on a lot of hip hop records and doing tours with some artists as well. I don’t really produce hip hop at all anymore but I make house, which is similar in many ways to me.

Another record that really blew my mind when I heard it was The Cold Vein. I guess a lot of people probably say that, but man, that shit was creative.

2 Likes

Cheers fella, glad you like it👍

1 Like

Thanks dude, always appreciate the kind words .:+1:

1 Like

nice :fire: !

1 Like

man, that’s smooth. does song mode just pertain to patterns on the device, or can it handle changes to arrange other midi devices? i haven’t updated my DT yet to check it out.

1 Like

Song mode pertains to the whole pattern including the MIDI tracks. It’s pretty great.

2 Likes

Wicked playing and good vibes in this

8 Likes

holy moly… stro elliott on drums via push?

2 Likes

He’s incredible! Make time to watch/listen for the whole hour man, trust me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well that was pretty much off the hook, I bet the vibe in that room was amazing…

1 Like

will do.

had these on in the background last week:

3 Likes

Ooh nice, will def check these. Thanks!

So yeah winter has me feeling dank right now and it’s about that time of year when everything starts feeling a bit gritty… here’s something I’ve been working on today… some downtempo dirt cos the world needs more doom right and I need to feel like I’m getting something done…

7 Likes

I figured this might be of interest to some folks here. I did another little step by step beat making video. This time it’s my Sampletrak and my Digitakt. It’s a pretty simple beat. But I like it a lot.

14 Likes