The Big Elektronauts Hip-Hop Thread: production tips, sharing our music, feedback and inspiration

it’s been less than a year of weekly lessons. things are making sense. it’s also helping me learn to read music. you can see smoke coming from my ears while trying to read along and play chords and melody simultaneously.

1 Like

Man, this sounds really nice! What piano are you using, is this real or a VST?

Glad to hear the lessons are going well! I’m still plugging away at my flute lessons, going on two years for me. My reading has come along pretty well, but no chords, so it’s much easier than piano or guitar. I’m starting to hammer the guitar practice as well these days. I want to take jazz guitar lessons in person, but my life situation won’t be conducive to being able to taking on additional music lessons for probably another year or two. I’ve put together a pretty good self-study plan to prep for that though and I’ve been messing around with guitar for many many years so I’ve got a foundation to build on.

I need to get back into recording. For some reason I go in waves of just wanting to play music and waves of wanting to record it. Right now, I’m just content to do the former. Perhaps the pendulum will swing soon.

1 Like

will have to check, but i think it’s one of the grand pianos that comes with the arturia v collection with some compression and such. my roland electric piano doesn’t sound as good.

yeah, i’m in the same boat, basically learning to play and not making time to churn out beats. perhaps the tide will turn someday. post some flute loops, yo.

1 Like

I need to do that at some point! I bought a decent condenser mic when I started learning and then quickly realized that it would be quite some time before I would be playing at a level I’d want to record, lol. I think I’m about there though. I have no idea how my space will sound, but it would be a fun experiment!

1 Like

Still making beats on the DT and M:C, i plan to make an album and a live set for this summer.
I get a Kaoss pad and a very nice midi controller for finger drumming, Hope to make a nice video of it !

6 Likes

New rugged man banger… :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

so cool

3 Likes

Err hello @Sleepyhead you kept this one quiet, unless I missed it somewhere else:

Dope beat as usual

5 Likes

Ah thanks for posting it man, I’m honoured! I think you’re right and I forgot to post it here.

The beat is a stereo recording straight from the AR, and I used the Zoom sampletrak for sample chopping and some nice aliasing.

6 Likes
4 Likes