The Clone War - Behringer. Good or Bad?

Fair enough, you’re probably right.

1 Like

Nick’s just announced they’re not talking about it, as they’ve had enough publicity already.

8 Likes

LOL they have to apply the same logic as spree killers. News casters lately don’t mention the killer’s name in the news reports because the killers mostly want the notariety.

7 Likes
35 Likes

Props to Ben for making this video.

9 Likes

Watching this video now, and came to this forum to post it :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Roll up your sleeves mods, it’s gonna be a loooooooong day…

4 Likes

I do enjoy witnessing the aftermath of when someone takes a chance and kicks the hornets nest! Be interesting to see were this one goes.

The part about brand loyalty really hit the mark. Can see it round these parts when folk criticise Elektron too.

6 Likes

I’ll sit this one out. Not watching. Got better things to do, like make beer and listen to Meshuggah.

8 Likes

Preach

4 Likes

Nobody complains when they make cheap guitars or violins etc. Why are synths etc so exclusive? There will be less and less people getting hardware so anyone who keeps the synth/machine legacy going are to be commended.

2 Likes

This thread will run in circles forever :upside_down_face:
For me the main takeaway from the video I posted, is not the the endless debated copying topic (though I think products like crave and swing are a real shame) but the way they handle critics, trying to sue and silence them. Or trying to ridicule them publicly in more than questionable ways

7 Likes

I bet his comment section will be busy, I think he kind of missed the point that cheap analog has been around for a good few years before B though, Arturia and Korg to name a few.

Yeah the brand loyalty thing is as old as the hills, although I had not considered that it had been weaponised by B.

Synths for 1000 poor kids though, that made me laugh out loud, obvious damage control attempt is obvious, that it wasn’t followed through - because believe me we’d have heard about it - is no surprise.

8 Likes

This right here is benchmarking Behringer style. Jeez.

6 Likes

So crazy that they got away with that one! Behringer is a disgrace haha… hopefully the world comes to realise this in time and people eventually stop thinking that the only issue people have with behringer is the cloning… Maybe we could change the title of this thread to highlight this?

2 Likes

The local electronic instruments retailer told me they had trouble selling Behringer gear this year.
Hopefully a broader tendency.

16 Likes

That makes me happy to hear! if it keeps up, we’ll probably see a decline in Behringers ‘passion’ for synths and it’ll be revealed that what they really were passionate about was $$$

2 Likes

It has already, undoubtedly, with the Swing affair, IMO.

6 Likes

I think I need to boycott Behringer based purely on Uli’s dress sense

2 Likes

Don’t you ever disgrace Papa Uli’s passion for cashin’! I mean, synthesizer creation!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the UB-1 was the best selling synth in history.

1 Like