The Clone War - Behringer. Good or Bad?

Anyone else intensly scared of a scenario where the company you work for also owns your accommodation/home, runs your transport and even your supermarket etc.

Not even specific to Behringer, but the idea of that scares the crap out of me.

4 Likes

Time to start your own business?:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thats a laugh

What a breathtaking argument! Oh wait, you didn’t say anything. Perhaps because you can’t? Please do note I’m not a cheerleader of Capitalism, which is what you probably think: I said BOTH sides. Too subtle? Let me know.

Plenty of people will have experienced some or all of that and I doubt if any of them will have found it remotely scarey.

This was fairly common in certain american industries many decades ago. In some cases, companies would even pay their employees in the company’s own currency.

U think Yamaha or Korg are small players?
I don t think others can t make it happen… just think they don t want… they just want their profit and that s it.

Sounds more like lack of commitment.

1 Like

For real. All they have to do is clone a behringer. The work has already been done for Roland. I’m sure Uli would even sell them the coolaudio chips to make them.

3 Likes

Except whats being asked of them is to completely shift the foundation of the company(which for the last 30 years has been digital based hardware) to something they no longer have the know how or infrastructure to do.

I don’t care which company we are talking about, that’s a very big ask.

1 Like

Got the Sh-101 and haven’t used it for a while but thought it was a good clone. Also, not a clone but their 280hp Eurorack powered case is a nice bit of kit for a good price so I’m pro Behringer.

1 Like

The Roland JD-Xi and JD-XA both have an analog synth part.

2 Likes

That sort of proves the point though. Those are entirely new products. They didn’t have to “chase ghosts” so to speak. No pressure of expectation. Also the GUI of these also bolster my claim of their bread and butter now being digital based.

Just my $0.02 though

If ASM can bring cheaper synths, Roland, Korg, Yamaha and others can do it too… IF they want to… I hope to have to. :wink:

But then we’re back to mass production in China. So if it’s not Behringer its ok now?

not saying they’re small players. but they likely haven’t invested their resources the way B has. so it’s not a turn key option to just “make everything cheaper.”

“Nobody should pay this much for an op-1”

Cheaper is never in the business model unless it’s throw away gateway products.

2 Likes

Yamaha and Roland are publicly traded companies. That affects the level of profit needed when deciding on what products go to market and how they are priced, specifically the percentage of profit that is part of the price.

Yamaha is a diversified manufacturer which further complicates these decisions. Can this synth compete with a jet-ski ( or grand piano ) in return.

2 Likes

They all mass produce in China or Taiwan, even Elektron(Syntakt PCB is from Taiwan).
You think a Waldorf synth is really made in Germany?

To me it sounds more like it’s acceptable from any brand, except Behringer.
Comments on Behringer launches are always full of complaints that are are equally applicable to products from other brands.

A good example is the recent launch of the Roland Aira Compact series.
The Aira Compacts are equipped with a battery and therefore e-waste waiting to happen.
But all the e-waste comments are on the Behringer mini synths that have no battery and aren’t even launched yet. (not saying that happens here, but other sites are full of these comments)

It’s cherry picking, if you’re gonna compare brands do a fair comparison.

4 Likes

I agree, that’s what I was getting at.

3 Likes