The ego, the id and the youtube reaction video

Can you make one of those for me that says ‘There is nothing wrong with pure ego - change my mind’ ?

1 Like

will I get flagged if I post a pic of a guy snorting a rail of ego

2 Likes

Funny. I just searched for this and 0 out of the first 10 results were react videos. I stopped scrolling. Number 7 was what appears to be a podcast episode, posted by one dj premier. That’s the only one of the 10 that isn’t the song or a lyric video of the song, or another song. :man_shrugging:

The ego of those poodle thinking anyone wants to hear their irrelevant music is disgusting.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-29 um 13.12.59

1 Like

so you’re saying youtube is prejudiced against me specifically? well that makes me feel better. thanks.

I guess I shouldn’t have watched all those pokemon reaction videos back in the mid 90’s. now it’s come back to haunt me.

Maybe cause you don’t use incognito and never delete cookies… Do you have kids using your computer? YouTube does track you if you’re not signed in and are not on incognito. Someone had watched trash content and YouTube thinks you like trash content and therefore is showing you that. :man_shrugging:

I think that while I’m out my cats may be screwing with me without me even knowing it, that’s the message that I’m getting. I’m going to have to have a word with them after I go clean youtube videos out of the litterbox. what have these cats been watching?

wtf is a cat reacting to bird song video doing in my search history?

After being inundated with these type of video recommendations, and ads for essentially mail order brides, I gave in and turned on ad personalization. Yes I realize this gives Google permission to track my web activity, but if it means my YouTube feed is purely EDM videos and Sweetwater ads, I’ll take it.

2 Likes

omg I thought you were going to say you ordered a bride!

Nope, already happily married for twenty years… and I’m the bride.

3 Likes

speaking of sweetwater did you ever hear back from them or from your support ticket about options? or still pending

I do think this genre is about the ego… of the viewer.
“See, that song is a classic! The Youths said so!”
“See, that album is great! Even Boomers like it!”

EDIT: Possible exception of “Experts React To,” which has the edutainment edge. But even then, it’s “See, that movie is great. An expert said so.”

1 Like

Yup, heard back. Basically was told to work with Elektron on any issue. Sweetwater’s 2 year warranty apparently doesn’t apply to Elektron and other unspecified brands, they’re just a middle man to ship it off for repair.

I just pooped myself reacting to your reaction post.

1 Like

Bummer, is it still happening regularly? no word from your support ticket I take it

Elektron support was instant, thankfully. Freeze issue is very random, so I’m troubleshooting power supplies/surge protector/wall outlet before I send it in for a check up.

Other issues are all firmware based, so just keeping my fingers crossed for an update that fixes them :crossed_fingers:

hang in there, good ol digitakt will always be there waiting if you should have a change of heart or need to have that fancy machine serviced by the pro’s.

I wouldn’t be so sure, I suspect they make inferences from IP address.

1 Like

Exactly. Currently rearranging my setup so Digitakt can step in for Octa should it be required. Typically I use Digitakt standalone for couch and dining room jams, but he’s back in the mix now.