The ego, the id and the youtube reaction video

I’m sure it makes sense for some to have personalities like that but I can’t necessarily judge it to be black or white, my friend worked at a really schmancy eating establishment and people would come in trying to get preferred seating by using their twitter following as a bargaining chip like they can move to the head of the line if they agree to shout your restaurant out to their sheeples. It just shows that it’s fine to have people’s interest in what you do, but what you do with that interest might be what begins to define who you are as a person outside of that context. And realistically for us when we’re talking about Elektron tutorials it’s such a niche market to begin with, I mean people hate to hear their passions referred to as niche market but it’s just reality. Even synthfluencers in general are such a small share of youtube famery. Video game playthroughs and shit like makeup tutorials are crazy popular.

3 Likes

Ever go to Starbucks and have the person in front of you show the cashier a tiktok of some crazy drink they want? That is a societal low…just order a fracking dragonfruit whatever and be done with it.

2 Likes

This is interesting. I do have a question. If algorithms are watching you on YouTube, wouldn’t they be smart enough to do the same on the rest of the web? I could imagine bots trolling the the rest of the internet to do the same.

1 Like

every time someone visits a website and clicks “allow” without optimizing for cookies, you open a door, and when you close it, still a window into your phone/computer/browser is left open. web crawlers aren’t the only bots logging site traffic on the internet.

2 Likes

They know everything you’ve ever done, all your dirty secrets, that bag of M&M’s you have hidden under your pillow, and they also know everything you are ever going to do in the future.

You could try and fight it, tell yourself you are protected with vpn’s and other useless software scrubbers, but it’s all a failing illusion. The computer AI overlords took control of us all years ago. You are a sheeple eating digital grass. Fatten up and obey.

Also, I found a whole genre of reactors reacting to reaction videos. The cycle is complete.

Even worse, the person behind them recording their conversation.

So they know what drink to order?

If I ever see this - and I’m sure I will when I move next year - my soul will leave my body.

1 Like

A little aside: I spent the last weekend having a Ted Lasso marathon, and now whenever I read your posts it’s automatically in Roy Kent’s voice…

(my fave character on the show btw)

1 Like

No idea who these pricks are

1 Like