The Elektron documentation thread

i was out walking the dog while replying and completely forgot that amp env doesnt have the gate control doh

but yes, the gate length (filt and user) is in steps and changes with the tempo.
you can test by setting the amp env to infinite first and then mapping filt or user to something obvious like pitch

1 Like

Cool! :slight_smile: …and sorry for the multiplier confusion up there. I mostly use those with short percussive sounds which usually have note length set to 1 and are shaped with the amp env. In this case, setting envF or env2 gate length to 0.5x indeed halves the envelope duration and setting them to 2x indeed doubles it. Sorry, had my mind twisted up^^

2 Likes

Isn’t that part of the charm of Elektron trying to make sense of the strange wording in the manuals? :crazy_face:
Just kidding, I will edit that to make it a bit more clear.

5 Likes

Another one is using flash instead of blink. This has caught a lot of people out including me.

Came here to post same thing & saw this - but not sure it has been acknowledged…?

1 Like

Page 47 of the AK manual says this:

To quick save a kit, press [YES/SAVE] + [KIT]. This command is the same as the SAVE KIT command found in the KIT menu, covered on page 19.

…but it’s not the same command. The [YES/SAVE] + [KIT] command actually overwrites the current KIT (with a jolly KIT SAVED! message) whereas the SAVE KIT command in the KIT menu opens a file browser for you to choose the location, name etc instead.

A warning about this overwriting of the KIT might be good to add on page 47 underneath the quoted bit…

2 Likes

Sorry, my bad, not sure if I replied to that one. It is indeed wrong in the manual there and will be fixed in the next version of the manual. Thanks for reminding me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good call there! I will have a look at it and try to clarify that a bit better.

4 Likes

Now you can find updated Octatrack manuals on the Elektron site :slight_smile:

10 Likes

The manual for Overbridge version 2.0.39 (June 10, 2020).

Are steps in APPENDIX A: SETUP EXAMPLE numbered correctly?

ABLETON STEP ONE — INSERT PLUGIN
ABLETON STEP TWO — INDIVIDUAL CHANNEL INPUTS
ABLETON STEP THREE — AUDIO CHANNEL OUTPUTS
ABLETON STEP FOUR — INDIVIDUAL MIDI CHANNEL OUTPUTS
ABLETON STEP FIVE — PLUGIN TRACK DESTINATION
ABLETON STEP SIX — DELAY COMPENSATION
ABLETON STEP FIVE — DISABLE USB MIDI

Not sure if the problem is that I can’t count, or that my brain was out of order the day I wrote that, take your pick :crazy_face:
Thanks for letting me know. I fixed it now and the fix will show up in the next version of the manual.

2 Likes

In the Digitakt manual (latest version), in the MIDI specifications regarding the VAL1-8 parameters (A.8 VAL PARAMETERS These are the CC VAL parameters on the [FLTR] page for MIDI tracks.).

The table heading says LFO, but these values are not LFO related.

1 Like

That is indeed not right. I will fix that for the next version of the manual. Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Octatrack and AK don’t list FILL in summary of key press combinations, AK does not mention it in index either. I did not check the other machines manuals.

1 Like

The 1.13 version of the M:S manual released today states that CC 70 can be used to select machine type, but the M:S does not have selectable machine types.

2 Likes

Fudge! I thought I fixed that. Thanks for letting me know. I will update the manual in a day or so to see if there are some more errors

3 Likes

Octatrack mkii 1.40A manual pg 114-115 Various Shortcuts are missing from the list. the mki shortcut for arranger mode is listed instead of the Func + ARR shortcut that’s labeled on the device. Track + AED should bring up the Save Sample menu as well I think?

1 Like

Thanks for your input. I will have a look at it and adjust the manual if needed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just a small one:

AR MKI manual p. 55:

Drag and drop the files or folders to your preferred location on your device. Transfer automatically converts all audio files to 16 bit, 48 kHz, mono audio files, the Analog Rytm MKII’s native audio format.

1 Like

Small errors are also errors. Thanks for the find :slight_smile: Will fix!

2 Likes