The good old 1.0 days (what might you miss)?

There was a period where Elektronauts was full of posts like … ‘not like it used to be back on elektron-users’

I can’t honestly imagine there’ll be the same love for 1.0, however, although it was objectively easier on the eye (and subjectively dated looking) - I can only think of one aspect that ‘seems’ to be missing … pointers welcome

The users_online (or contacts) was a good way to see who was around, it made the difference sometimes about whether or not to post a question

Is there a way to establish the currently viewing members :eye: on 2.0 :question:

1 Like

The new Elektronauts reminds me of the new Instagram. I definitely dig the drag and drop though.

I set up the contacts feature on Elektronauts 1.0, but it never made any difference to my behaviour - I never posted anything that couldn’t wait one rotation of the planet to be read.

This software has pages of retroactive stats, but I have not seen any indication of who is currently online.

1 Like

i suspect it’s a query for the :3lektron: peeps

sure, no big deal, maybe just made it quicker to send PMs and it was also useful on a few occasions to call-out a ‘hiding’ scammer

it also looks like the icons are switched when you look back through old PM threads, i.e. it appears as though the actors have switched roles

one awesome positive was that the computer battery dying mid response meant all was not lost, it saved 99% of the reply to that point :thup:

no looking back, but having sight of those stats and post-count would be handy

The rocketship and the only emoji I ever used, the pirate emoji! :tongue: <-- don’t like this one

I will be honest, i dont like the new forum style and stopped checking elektronauts daily . Browsing is horrible for me, atleast on a desktop wich is what iam using 99%. Iam used to web forums since 20 years and i will not adjust to this smartphone/tablet layout. So ya , i miss 1.0 and elektronusers …