The Guitar Thread

That Tele is a beauty

1 Like

ā€œYou had my curiosity, etc.ā€ What kind of mod are you looking at?

1 Like

Thatā€™s something weā€™re looking into. Multiple CV inputs for one, maybe glitch modes?

1 Like

Life is so unfair sometimes. I know how to play guitar (itā€™s actually my job) and i have the same beaten one since my teens.

1 Like

aw thanks! It used to be white with a black pick guard, but I got a big chip in it that was all kinds of sharp on my arm, so i stripped it and spray painted.

2 Likes

Picked up two Neural DSP plugins this week after years of being unsatisfied with Guitar Rig. (To be honest, Iā€™m pretty unsatisfied with NI as a whole lately, barely use any of their stuff except a few random Reaktor things.)

I wanted a good clean metal sound so I got the Architype: Nolly plugin and I wanted a super heavy bass sound so I got the Dark Glass plugin. Super impressed by them, ESPECIALLY the Dark Glass. Kinda want the real DG pedals now, but all I have is a shitty old Peavey bass amp and my bass is kinda garbo, too. Itā€™s one of those Ibanez SR basses that Korn made popular all those years ago. I would have never bought it, but a friend gave it to me so I canā€™t REALLY complain. Either way, canā€™t recommend the Neural DSP stuff enough. Itā€™s great to have a fully cranked amp in your headphones at 1:00 in the morning plugginā€™ straight into your interface. Only shitty part is ilok. I can see some of you lurching as you read.

Been eyeballinā€™ Jazz Basses lately. Never really been a fan of Fender, but Iā€™ve been on a Classic Rock kick lately and I love the Pink Floyd and LZ bass sounds. Also the bass tone from QoTSAā€™s No One Knows.

2 Likes

what beautiful jazzy. i know where you got those knobs :wink:

Man, the tele and jazzmaster are gorgeous. I love the colors. Totally envious.

Love my Vela Semi and my pedals.

3 Likes

Hi everybody,

Ive got a questionā€”I recently tried out a Moog matriarch and decided to return it because it wasnā€™t right for my music goals. In that time, however, I did become addicted to the matriarchs onboard BBD delayā€”itā€™s really an astounding delay!!! Maybe the most pleasing (to me) guitar delay effect Iā€™ve ever experienced.

Iā€™ve been looking at one of these delay pedals to play guitar through, but also to synch up with my whole setup:
https://www.ashevillemusictools.com/products/adg-1

It seems like this is somewhat similar to the Moog delay 104 circuit, as the person who started this pedal company is a former moog employee who developed some of their pedals.

This is a bit of a newbie questionā€”this pedal has an expression pedal input assignable to delay time/feedback as well as mod rate/amount. How do I integrate my moog grandmother or elektron digitakt to control these parameters? What cable(s) do I need? Would be awesome to incorporate this pedal into the ā€œsynchā€ of my entire setup. Thanks!!

Maybe analog fours cv out can control an expression input.

Hereā€™s my rig I have been enjoying DIā€™ing lately. Everything is quite constant except the fuzz on the right which changes constantly. I had it setup in the OT fx loop which I didnā€™t like, it sounded muddy, but I want to try that again.

4 Likes

Iā€™m really enjoying keeping it really simple at the moment. The latest pedal I bought is the Boss HM-2w and I am loving the sound.

4 Likes

Iā€™m gassing for an FZ-1w. Can it be as good as a top boutique fuzz?

3 Likes

Iā€™m tempted to try it because the Waza pedals Iā€™ve tried have all been really good.

I love the Waza concept itā€™s just what BOSS need. They have always had excellent engineering but their products are often ruined by poor quality components, the resultant noise and tone suck. I could use a well engineered vintage style fuzz.

I put away my mammoth board and did a bit of reconfiguring on my gig board. I was spending too much time tinkering with the big board instead of focusing on finishing a batch of songs.

Th new gig board

6 Likes

This is the small board?!?

4 Likes

Yes. This is the bigger studio board.

7 Likes

Anyone interested in recording their Guitar or Bass to an iPhone, iPad or Computer? Hereā€™s a quick tutorial:
he trick is to get the Apple Camera Connection Kit. This accessory allows users to record audio from external sources into apps on the phone.

Additionally, the Mustang Micro will require some extra power since it uses USB-C and the iPhone has Lightning which canā€™t provide that much power. So, use an external power source to boost the power from the phone. This can be a wall power supply or a USB power bank. Use a USB to Lightning cable to connect the power source to the Camera kit.

Now plug the Camera kit into the iPhone and the Mustang Micro into the Camera kit via a USB-A to USB-C cable. Plug the Mustang Micro into a guitar or bass and youā€™re ready to record!

Hereā€™s a video on this subject.

2 Likes

I have a question for those whose dominant hand is the picking hand, and I know itā€™s a strange question, but Iā€™m just curious about peopleā€™s experience.

I always thought my fretting hand, which is not my dominant hand, is kind of useless. I do everything with my right hand much better than my left hand. And sometimes I asked myself if I should try switching guitar orientation.

My question is if you feel the same, if the only thing you do well with your fretting hand is fretting.

I asked that in another place, and some people showed me a different perspective: picking demands precision that you donā€™t have with your non-dominant hand, and that happens with other instruments too. But, honestly, Iā€™m not convinced. In fact, I started to consider that the culturally conventional guitar orientation is ā€œwrongā€, and the fretting hand should be like the right hand of piano players, but thatā€™s obviously just conjecture.

1 Like