The Healthy Take Down... Sugar replacement Recommendations?

Did anybody notice that Trader Joes Turbinado raw cane sugar is all sticky clumpy now instead of dry granular?

sugar is good for you. simpler forms are better than complex ones. issues seeming to come from sugar consumption are in reality a result of poor metabolism.

1 Like

Awesome point to digest. I too think that sugar has a worse rep than it maybe should have, partially because of overconsumption, partially maybe because of the level of processing it tends to be subject to in industrialised countries - and probably lifestyle (office, sitting, convenience culture etc) also plays into it.

If you have a look at eating habits of cultures that eg emerge in warm areas, there tends to be quite a bit of sugar - be that in deserts or drinks.

In Morocco for example, after meals people will drink nana mint tea, which is made with a green tea base and a brick-sized piece of sugar in a small pot :joy: - but it‘s just the right thing and gives the energy needed when the sun is hitting hard and temperatures are around 35-40C.

@OP from what I read here about your eating habits, it doesn‘t sound to me like you‘re excessive with sugar. Frosted Flakes are maybe not the greatest food for more reasons than one, so you could replace something like that with a somewhat less processed, more wholesome alternative.

1 Like

Erythritol has been a great alternative for me.