The "Let's have a positive thread" thread

The insect housing facility or the 60s hairstyle?

2 Likes

Got one :grinning:
I donā€™t see why I couldnā€™t wear it before itā€™s full of wild Bees :happy:

1 Like

Happy birthday!

I highly recommend Honeyland if you havenā€™t already seen it!

And how about the protective suitā€¦ hope you donā€™t have to wait til your next birthday for that

2 Likes

Itā€™s actually a package deal. You get a empty hive in an area maintained by by a family of pro bee keepers. They teach and supply everything. Iā€™ll only go in once a week. Thereā€™s a waiting list longer than the one for the Cirklon so Iā€™m pretty amazed atm.

2 Likes

Birth is one crazy thing. You go on a blind date, knowing youā€™ll be falling in love.

Iā€™m thinking of already buying him gear. Iā€™ll use it till heā€™s big enough. This will ease the arguments with my wife from here on.

ā€œWhyā€™d you buy another synth???ā€
ā€œI bought it for our son!!!ā€
ā€œOh ok, you are an awesome fatherā€

I bet thatā€™s how itā€™ll beā€¦ yeahā€¦ umā€¦

22 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! What a wonderful photo, thank you for sharing and best of luck.

I saved a kitten today that was thrown out of a window of a car on the highway doing 100kmhā€¦
I found it in a drain pipe under the road and whistled to it for an hour until I gained its trust.
My wife is highly allergic so we canā€™t keep it but I will not stop until it has a good home.

Edit: Cats got a family now at a friendā€™s so I can always visit :heart:

10 Likes

Congrats mate!

1 Like

Thanks all!! This dad thing is amazing.

My next positive: my nord rack 2 came today. Basically new condition (was amazed unpacking it). I hooked it up and I must say that I have never heard a more techno sounding synth. To my ears itā€™s way different than any other synth, be it hard or software. Itā€™s amazing. And i have never heard such cool brass sounds in a synth before.

If you make techno, i think nord should be on the top of your list.

2 Likes

Congratulations! I became a father at 23 years old and my son just graduated high school. Even though it seems to slow time down to a crawl, I guarantee you that it goes by in the blink of an eye. The soul is quick. Focus on the baby. Hold them close. And let them go.

3 Likes

Go shroom!

1 Like

This is the exact same routine I go through when the wife sees UPS delivering another package.
ā€œIā€™m investing in our sonā€™s future!ā€

Congrats! Being a dad is awesome!

As covid is seeming to get worse again, flushing the newsā€¦ Time for some positive.

Being a dad is great! The little dude brightens every day.

I got nominated both to my first country semifinal and to the country championship series as a baseball umpire. Its been a wierd season, but working hard pays out. :baseball: :baseball: :baseball: :baseball:

6 Likes

Iā€™m actually joining an all male book circle with a couple of friends.

We are reading a Swedish book roughly translated to ā€œthe god huntā€ the hypothesis of the book is that the modern religious world and modern secular world isnā€™t that different in that they all strive to find something bigger or some meaning.

It will be a book circle with both secular(myself) and religious people (mostly Christians) so I think it will be the basis for some thoughtful and interesting discussions.

4 Likes

Congrats on being a dad!

3 kids in I can say that itā€™s both awesome and frustrating!

Itā€™s insane watching that little baby grow up to become a person,

5 Likes

Just arrived back home in Berlin from home in Crete,

I think we will go back soonishā€¦ Berlin is so overrated :wink:

4 Likes

I use the m:c and ndlr for my synth jams, but Iā€™m really missing making sample based music.

So I bought the Koala app, and wowā€¦itā€™s like a pocket SP (maybe better IMO).

Gonna make a series of beat EPs nowā€¦itā€™s really re-sparked some creativity without spending a fortune.

3 Likes

Reviving this thread as after about a year of making basically no music I will be starting again. I focused on my studies which was really painful as I really missed making music. I will be sending in my thesis the next couple of days and then I want to make music as much as I can again. I really really miss it.

And I want to get in shape again. Bought me a reebok deck, which is a stepper but also a weight bench. Bought some weight, so I plan to Workout everything Lunch break. Running will also be on the Agenda.

Life has me back. Good feeling

13 Likes

I have an infected tooth that needs to be pulled but they canā€™t get me in for another 3 weeks, Iā€™m sick and tested positive for Covid and I broke my pinky toe by bashing it into the couch leg when I was running around playing with my daughter the other day, I had the house to myself today so when I woke up I chose positivity,
Put on a pot of coffee found an old bassline mix put it on blast and spent the morning one foot skanking with gun fingers while I cleaned up and reorganized my studio.

Sometimes when thereā€™s dumb shit going on you literally have to chose to make yourself positive especially true to those of us from which it doesnā€™t come naturally

7 Likes

I have a collection of pus on my gum around a certain tooth - you are not alone, so Iā€™m with you