The "Let's have a positive thread" thread

Positive:
Just ordered a new sofa today! Good bye knackered old couch, hello comfy reclining!

1 Like

Just made Rootbeer Floats for myself and the family. Itā€™s amazing how good such a simple combination of vanilla ice cream and Rootbeer can be!

3 Likes

Well I for one think youā€™re all swell and hip. I value this forum over most others and feel that for the most part, people are really helpful and open. Also you people are really creative and many of your efforts are inspiring.

4 Likes

Me checking out this thread:

In all seriousness, keep the positivity up :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thatā€™s one of my favorite gifs.

1 Like

Loving this thread. Everyone needs this right now.
This quarantine has been a great time for me. Iā€™ve finally had the time to do things around the house which is rare for me.

• Rebuilt my deck (much nicer now)
  • Planted six trees and numerous other plants
  • Expanded the flower bed
  • Cleaned and organized my garage so it can be a productive shop again instead of a storage space for abandoned projects
  • Reorganized my studio (brought a small couch in, so nice)
  • Rebuilt my oven (smaller task than it sounds like)
  • Fixed a few issues with my truck with the help of my little brother who is an excellent mechanic
  • Built a rackmount stereo reverb with the springs from a broken desk lamp
  • Built a modular utility box for my MB2S and Boog (2 joystick attenuators with polarity switching, standard knob attenuator, 2 sets of passive mults)
  • Built an electronic drum kit from a mini kids drum kit
  • Sold some gear I havenā€™t used in years
  • Played music almost everyday
  • Took the dog to the beach (which are deserted here) almost everyday
  • Spent lots of time hanging out with my wonderful wife
  • Rewired am old pinball machine which will soon be our new coffee table
  • Helped a friend rewire his ham radio antennas
  • Digitized some old cassette recordings of an old friend and me which heā€™s now editing and mastering for release
  • Built a water collection system for the garden
  • Joined Elektronauts!
  • Lots of smaller, less significant stuff

Somehow I still feel lazy. This thread has helped me keep the positive attitude required to do all of this. Thanks everyone.

7 Likes

Just got accepted into the Bachelor of Ancient History program!

Not doing this for any kind of career reasons so Iā€™ve got 10 years to get it done - with no family/kids/etc it seems a pretty good way to use some of my leisure time.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve had some good stuff happening:

Got some tracks recorded in the early 90ā€™s coming out on vinyl soon, even got an advance.
Got diagnosed with severe vitamin D deficiency and treatment just before lockdown, since found out that low vit D is linked to serious covid consequences. Feels like I dodged a bullet.
Restoring one of my 303ā€™s, going well, better than I expected.
Sold some gear, bought less. Finding out what I really want to do/need with my setup.
Working on some acid house tracks tapes I recorded in 1989, restoring, remixing and releasing on cassette. In doing do found some new workflows with Octatrack. Progress is a little slow but thatā€™s ok, not needing to rush it, want to do it justice, it takes as long as it takes.

10 Likes

Thats going to be a lot of fun. I got my Bachelorā€™s in Social Sciences, and there is no shortage of fascinating cultures to read about. Congratulations. Who knows, maybe youā€™ll discover the next Rosetta Stone and decipher Linear A.

1 Like

Most Americans are Vitamin D deficient, thatā€™s one of the things that makes the mishandling of it so scary. Could start to see younger people dying from it at increased rates. Glad you were able to get your deficiency sorted sooner than later.

1 Like

Yah, dropped out of A.H. when I was 18 and been kicking myself ever since. Been keen to go back to it for a few years now but needed to finish my engineering degree first. Still doing postgrad in hydrogeology (finish next year) but I donā€™t see why I canā€™t do both at the same time!

Anyways having recently turned my back on the church (again), I found that Iā€™ve got a bigass hangover from having to pay lip service to biblical literalism (or at least keep my mouth shut) when I knew enough to know that the pieces donā€™t really fit together as neatly as itā€™s preached in fundamentalist/evangelical circles. Dunno how much it will help with that but at least itā€™s hella interesting in its own right.

Doing the spec where Iā€™ll be learning Hebrew, Greek & Latin. Suspect that might be more than enough languages for me - but never say neverā€¦

4 Likes

Awesome / congratulations :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh man, credentials like thatā€¦ looking for the lost city of Atlantis?

2 Likes

made a working prototype of an arpeggiator for drums.

4 Likes

Thanks man!

Recently started swimming regularly while the pools are quiet - should be well qualified soon enough

3 Likes

I am going to be a dad as of tomorrow morning. They are getting the little guy out around 10 a.m.
It might drastically reduce my studio time, but it might also produce some great sample material.
And of course a mini me will be running around the house :relaxed:

25 Likes

congratulations man

4 Likes

Thanks man

Congrats!!!
Itā€™s my birthday tomorrow too, 8th.
I think, hopefully, Iā€™m getting a Bee hive.

2 Likes