The most fun 8hp (or smaller) eurorack module you can think of!

When I was starting out in modular, I looked into Disting, because it was so popular. I took it out of consideration mainly because of the “Swiss army knife” description. I bought a Swiss army knife in Switzerland, decades ago. I still have it, but I almost never use it. If I were in the Swiss army and had to carry everything I needed for days at a time, I might. But at home, or while car camping or day hiking, I use proper tools that work better. And that’s what I do in modular.

2 Likes

Get some utilities, they might not be the most fun on their own, but they will increase the fun factor of all your other modules by approximately 26%

I would suggest logic and a switch (Eas and sl3kt would be my recommendations).

1 Like

Never knew about this!

I change my answer again.

This or a make noise function.

2 Likes

Two 2hp loops and a WMD C4RBN.

2 Likes

No one mentioned Clouds. As it is one of the options that keeps sticking in my head (After Later uBurst), I was wondering if anyone has opinions on that one.

The Boss Bow Two looks like a lot of fun. I’m also really loving my Clep Diaz. Get two of them!

got one -> compare 2

Here’s another little tutorial I found which gives a good overview of how the Clep Diaz works:

I have a DIY uClouds I got a while back, but it’s taken me a long time to get into it - but I’m really enjoying some of the delay modes rather than shimmery effects at the moment.

I didn’t like the 8 hp clouds I tried. Those smaller clones seem like a great idea but trying them out made me realize how excellent the MI (rip) panel design is.

2 Likes

Yeah, I tend to leave the uClouds set as is and then don’t tweak it very much in real time, leaving that to modulation instead, though it’s not too bad - but I’ve not tried any real MI modules as yet either.

I added Endorphin.es Milky Way to my small setup and it’s actually a pretty good sounding multi-fx machine that takes only 6 hp.

1 Like

Well, I have tried out Clouds in VCV Rack extensively and chose to buy a clone (uBurst). So not a module suggested here, although I seriously considered some form of filter.

I hope Clouds pairs well with Mimeophon, from what i read/heard it could be a killer combo for textures/ambient (that’s what I am mostly after)

And after all this is my first case. All people I know doing modular already said to me: you need a bigger one. But I am trying to stand my ground for now. :fist:

So the case will be looking like this, somewhere in the coming week:

(In a Make Noise 7U case with the mults in the middle)

2 Likes

Nonsense. Go listen to Tony Rolando on a Shared System or Caterina Barbieri on 6U or all those artists with only a Strega.

I think you are absolutely right. Also is the case with synths and grooveboxes. Was intending on keeping it this size!

Perhaps I can make my “Tony Rolando and Don” joke here and people might appreciate it

Very curious now

Well, that’s the joke, there isn’t anything more to it. I guess it’s a proto-joke, so maybe someone can run with it, make a meme or something.

:ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Since I am not using the Pressure Points at all, I am going to swap that one for an X-Pan and an Ornament & Crime with the Hemisphere suite. All thanks to this great forum (and specifically this thread).

What is your favorite mode on the O&C?

1 Like

Bastyl Pizza…love it to death.

Need to look at the other Bastyl products.