The neighbours are concerned

I’m just wondering if I’m alone in this. Every other day it seems I find myself wondering why certain trigs or tracks aren’t sounding, despite very definitely having trigs programmed. I hold down one of said trigs and press yes and -yes! - there it is. My brain confirms that it heard the sound.

I press play. It doesn’t sound.

Obviously, OBVIOUSLY, I’ve forgotten that the entire track is muted. This epihany comes after (always after) I’ve uttered forth low, gutteral invectives of the sort of language that, shouted loudly enough and through thin enough walls, concern neighbours. And they should be concerned; concerned for the fact I’ve just wasted ten minutes searching Elektronauts for “Digitakt trigs don’t sound bug” and reading seemingly-relevant-but-not-actually posts.

They say pain is best shared. Am I alone in this rookie error!?

1 Like

They do? When did they say that? And who is this mysterious They?
Any conditions on the trig you forgot about?

Nope. It happens.

Beware of the two mute modes, you’ll get yourself into trouble

Edit: for starting out, if your trigs turn Purple DONT TOUCH ANYTHING just reenter mute mode until the trigs turn green again

1 Like

there are times when I forget that I muted the track from the audio routing because I wanted a track to be sends only, I can spend hours checking every volume param, switching headphones, turning on and off everything including audio interface and whatnot, I just forget that it’s muted from the main

oh and I definitely forget that I set trigs on mute

2 Likes

At least once a week, over a year into owning most of my synths, I’ll still run into something I expect to play but doesn’t, because of a setting or a patch cable or a mute or a midi channel somewhere. With great power come many opportunities to forget about one little setting somewhere—those purple mutes, the green ones, the LFO T switch…

I share your frustration, but if it helps, I’ve never found a bug in the Elektron sequencer, so keep trying and you’ll get it to do what you need!

1 Like