The new Electribe is very good!

Here is a liveset I did a few years back using the Electribe synth version and a few other pieces.

4 Likes

I haven’t heard of it being fixed. If you don’t use samples that extend past the pattern length or don’t switch patterns, you wouldn’t notice the abrupt sample chopping issue. A lot of people just play one pattern and mute/unmute parts.

Insert FX like delay glitch out when switching patterns. If you don’t use these FX while switching patterns, you wouldn’t notice this issue either.

I generally use my E2S in conjunction with my DN, which acts as the master clock. I have it set so that the DN changes the E2S pattern when itself changes pattern.

Personally never had a problem chaining patterns on the E2S. Korg even added a pattern chain function in one of the updates.

1 Like

If you don’t use the E2S sequencer for switching patterns, there will be no issues maybe. My main issue occurred when trying to play long acapella samples while changing up patterns.

This is something I always do with MPCs, but the E2S would abruptly make the acapella sample stop playing as soon as patterns are changed.

Well I do use the both the DN and E2S sequencer (I prefer the E2S swing options to the DN’s) but I don’t use long samples.

Try playing a long sample towards the end of a pattern, like a crash cymbal, while changing to a new pattern. I do this type of stuff all the time, and noticed it right away. I just can’t deal with a sampler that abruptly stops all samples from playing every time patterns are changed.

I’ve had a few Electribes. EA-1, ES-1, ESX (smartcard) and S2 red… I sold them all except for the ESX. I really enjoyed messing around with them but at the end of the day they just sounded like a Korg Electribe. Not really weak, but something about the tones I just didn’t love. I have a whole lotta like for them, but not a lot of love. Getting the Digitakt / Digitone combo felt like a huge step up to me. Admittedly, sometimes I regret later on but so far I haven’t missed them.

1 Like

Is it possible to use the digitakt sequenzer with the 8 electribe tracks as midi tracks on the Digitakt so you can use all the p locks and features on the digitakt and have 8 more tracks in the digitakt?

and filter emulation types.
in sample version only „Electribe“ filters available.
in synth version — also MS20, P5, MG (Moog) and Acid LP/BP/HP filters, + OB LP filter.
i must admit those filter emulations is reason #1 to keep E2 for me.

btw, i’ve unshelved my E2 again when bought Circuit Tracks — they work in pair very well.

2 Likes

yeah! totally forgot to mention these filter types :slight_smile:

of course you can :slight_smile: Just check E2 midi implementation, to check which params are changeable by cc.
And don’t forget that 16 E2 tracks midi assignment can not be changed: track 1 responds to midi track 1, track 2 responds to midi track 2, and so on.

1 Like

Yes this is possible.

I sometimes use just an E2S and DN combo. The DN sequences itself and some tracks on the E2S, which sequences some of its own tracks.

The only thing to note is that when you p-lock external instruments the p-locked value persists (i.e. is not reset by the next trig like how the Elektron boxes work) so if you want just a step change you would need to use two p-locks.

I hated the sequencer but now that I have a Force and a Digitakt, I might try to get an Electribe Synth for its sounds

This thread is beginning to make me regret I sold mine. In hindsight, it was a pretty solid workhorse.

1 Like

Just got this last week off eBay but haven’t even plugged it in yet to try

Old Electribe

13 Likes

Nice! I have one too, keeping it for now. : )

1 Like

That one. And the purple-red or whatever color it really was. Those two. Man, if Korg made an update true to that concept.

4 Likes

The Electribe 2 would be so so much better with improved firmware, too many minor annoyances that would be an easy software fix. Korg is unfortunately not very good at listening to feedback.
I still have my Electribe 2, and use it occasionally. It’s a great machine for quick jams and sketches.

3 Likes

Nice. You’re going to get hooked on 128 step patterns now!

Step sequencer question: is there a way to select a note then enter that in the step sequencer multiple times or do I have to enter c4 then edit manually each step?