The new Electribe is very good!

As far as I know, in step sequencer you have to edit notes manually. But before, you can record them live, and then edit them more accurately in step sequencer. This can be fiddly, as step sequencer on E2 is definitely not the best one on the market actually

Ahhh Stop! You just reminded me of the pain of trying to step sequence notes on the Electribe. It is so fiddly and menu divey.
Donā€™t get me wrong itā€™s a great drum machine and for playing in notes live, but the step sequencer mechanics make me feel so spoiled to have an Elektron machine now!

I agree :slight_smile: but E2 sequenced by, let say the Digitakt, or Deluge, becomes a totally new beast :wink:

3 Likes

Absolutely. As a multitimbral sound module with FX itā€™s pretty sweet.

2 Likes

This may be of interest to you.

Eureka! 2 ways to easily and quickly step sequence notes on the Electribe 2 and Sampler - YouTube

2 Likes

Hi,

Iā€™ve released a new ambient electronic EP.

All tracks produced and performed on the Electribe 2. Please feel free to take a listen.

8 Likes

so, two questions:

1. iā€™m looking for factory samples of E2 sampler (exported to e2sSample.all) ā€“ does anyone have them?

2. am i the 1st here?

thatā€™s why iā€™m looking for factory samples of E2S ā€” because i installed Hacktribe on the synth version.

11 Likes

What does it do?
Isnā€™t the firmware swap already a thing from a few years back? That link didnā€™t seem to explain very well

Apparently it removes artificial limits imposed by Korgā€¦ you get all the filters, new oscillators and still you can sample.

3 Likes

this is different firmware, based on latest OS (2.02).
besides all filter types available in synth version, it adds some new features ā€“ more VA oscillators, more IFX, more groove types, more scales.

7 Likes

Cool stuff and thanks for the tip!

I donā€™t suppose you know if thereā€™s a hack for the electribe sampler to give it the same filters as the non-sampler? Having none of the new improved filters is my biggest annoyance from the sampler version. Got rid of my Electribe 2 a while back.

this firmware (Hacktribe) does exactly that ā€“ adds all filter types from E2 Synth to E2 Sampler.

2 Likes

Ah cheers, I must have followed wrong link. Dopey moi!

Good to see this cheers.

G

Thanks for the info, will try this next week.
This looks extremely cool!

Everytime I think I should leave Elektronauts something good comes along.

1 Like

I have the gray synth version in my cupboard. I donā€™t have the samples unfortunately.

I was unaware of the hacktribe firmware. Thanks for the heads up about that. Might have to give it a go someday :slight_smile:

1 Like

itā€™s recent, 2021 Q3/Q4. the oldest files on GitHub are from august 2021.

3 Likes

so far i like it.
thatā€™s what i always wanted E2 to be ā€“ modeled oscillators/filters + user (mine) samples.
also, extra IFX, especially distortions, are really good.

and scales! all my favorite scales are here ā€” phrygian dominant, neapolitan minor/major, and a couple of others.

5 Likes

I havenā€™t used mine for a while but I preferred the synth over the sampler. Mostly because of the filters.

It seems like this combines the best of both with extras. Not much to lose unless itā€™s full of bugs.

I was keeping it because itā€™s small and doesnā€™t take up much room. Not worth selling either.

Plus, Electribes are all classic little fun groove boxes for noodling. Who knows, maybe Iā€™ll remember how to have fun again some day?

I was also thinking it would be nice for my sons if they show interest in music making (along with the Circuit Iā€™m saving too).

Korg should have just combined the sampler and the synth version from the get go (or at least at the end). A little generosity goes a long way.

5 Likes