The "OTHER" thread

After the Techno / Electro / Bangin’ Techno threads, I figured this could be appropriate. I was listening to some of my old favorite general electronic stuff. Stuff that either spans multiple genres, maybe fits into an obscure one, maybe would be covered by your favorite three letter electronic or dance acronyms, maybe ambient works, etc. Some of these spill into Trancey genres a bit, but I think that’s the nature of melodic electronic music in some ways.

13 Likes

Props for linking to download stuff

(chill out mods, not that kind of download)

5 Likes

I’ll have to dig up some older Eric Prydz, Thomas Bergersen, maybe some of the less vocal industrial stuff, maybe some “big beat” Crystal Method type stuff, etc. as well. Older stuff too. Mort Garson, any old spacey 70s stuff, etc. :smiley:

Edit: Wow, it is difficult to find a proper original mix of Badass. I own it, but it’s not really posted anywhere with decent quality…

Download is one of the most organic and original electronic acts that I’m aware of; just so alive. I still remember the first time I heard Furnace in the 90s and jeez…

5 Likes

And then there’s also platEAU

2 Likes

oh my… this could go in many directions.

right up my alley.

1 Like

Cool, not aware

1 Like

You’re in for a treat buddy

Next, there’s Detroit escalator company :heart:

1 Like
3 Likes

Do you mean this Mickey Finn and Aphrodite cut?

And I suppose this would fit under ‘other’:

1 Like

Oh, no, was looking for Crystal Method Badass. But not the mix that’s all over YouTube. :smiley:

Thanks though! Never mind a spot of the drums and/or bass.

1 Like

Well then, how about this Crytstal Method cut instead?

1 Like

how about instead of that crystal method cut, THIS crystal method cut. this one. right here.

no matter how hard you try you can’t stop us now.

1 Like

Killer thread idea… most of the nostalgia stuff I listen to these days is in the “Other” category. Here’s a few:

(more than a few, sorry)

3 Likes

Yup, we have a few fans of Coil and Download around here.

I love that deep shit that doesn’t sound like patterns switching on a sequencer or DAW.

3 Likes

Old other stuff that i loved and know, best current other sounds i know of are in the current sound thread.

1 Like

Fun (at least for me) trivia: Mr. Kane owns several of my 5U module designs. :smiley:

3 Likes

I dunno if this is too other, but: DJ Krush & Toshinori Kondo - Ki Oku (Full Album) [1996] - YouTube

3 Likes

we were just talking about 90’s japanese djs not even that long ago. awesome.

1 Like