The "OTHER" thread

2 Likes

You’ve been throwing up some great stuff, but I absolutely LOVE Hot Chip. Just saw their last US tour and it was amazing.

Another one from their first album… that flanged lead sound in the chorus does my head in.

They are definitely in the “Other” category… uncategorizable.

2 Likes

Amazing album!

My daughter and I are constantly putting on Bad Luck when we’re teasing each other over something. :smiley:

Also, how many other groups would have a lyric like “Rollin’ in my Peugot ayay” :smiley:

1 Like

I know right? So lyrically badass.

1 Like

This one comes to mind, because it’s a bit more out there, less vocals, etc. One of my favorites.

The Soul that Creates is probably one of my favorite tracks ever. (granted I have a lot of favorites, but this one is nice!)

2 Likes

Ok fine, since we’re going other:

And in a completely other direction but I think just as weird:

3 Likes

Because I love arppegios:

2 Likes
2 Likes

I like that a lot!!

1 Like

Some more firmly in “Other”:

1 Like

Me too. Arutani is a recent discovery for me.

Doooope!

2 Likes

That first Purity Ring album was something special when it came out. This track still blows me away:

1 Like
1 Like

Hiphop Zelda music (like, sampled boombappy hiphop, not lofi stuff).

4s4ki - the only hyperpop I’ve ever heard that I actually like.

Vaporwave-ish oddities. Don’t even know how I first found this album but I loooove the vibe.

1 Like

This was one of the few things I made on the Model: Samples. (Zelda + Beat) Grabbed the sheet music for it. :smiley:

That Cortini video reminds me of Galen Herod. I don’t think many know his work… @Scot_Solida turned me on to him. WAY ahead of his time.

3 Likes