The potential of Overbridge

This is a “grant a wish” type of post and only for entertaining speculation…

We all know that Overbridge is a technology that Elektron is pushing forward with its hardware, but I’m curious to know if Elektron really thought about the potential for this concept. Since the advent of an all digital studio, producers and mix engineers are still finding a way to hybridized their system by using analog components such as tube pres and summing mixers. Imagine other hardware effect manufacturers integrating the Overbridge technology.

Wow I guess a lot of people are burned about Overbridge.

At present OB is far from perfect, but I love it. The big screen truly “opened up” the details inside the black boxes for me - so it’s a great tool, IMO, even for just learning and plain sound design.

You know what I would really like to see? A standalone OB box - kind of an Overhub on steroids - that takes USB in from the machine and outputs the individual N tracks with Nx2 analog outs. Even better if equipped with an USB output “just” for DAW control / Overbridge GUI. That would be very cool… :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a cool ass idea! I never thought about that! That’s something I would definitely support! Conversely i am thinking more along the lines of manufacturers of boutique hardware using OB to allow true analog ITB processing and summing!