The so called Blinking Trig

Hi there,

since there is no general userwishes topic, and the site says …plz first read the forums before contacting us, i hope they do too… with love from germany :wink:

i am quite almost at the fourties and just last week bought a machinedrum. very nice peace of hardware. should v had on 20 years ago.

so played a bit with here, came to the parameter locks. ja, i need those for shure i thought - tweaked on some knobs, and eh, voila. things changed… i changed a lot of them and then got confused, so i read the manual over and over (again) about those sections where the ‘a blinking trig’ will indicate plocks. i really couldnt see those. yes it was at night and … not so bright.
so i tried to locate them. finally i was able to figure out those changed ones. dont let me tell you how, i just will mention that it took a while. …and a certain amount frustration and concentration. even today morning it is under brighter conditions still challenging.

so i urge the technical staff at elektron to contribute to the older users cognitive abilities and change the blitzing into a blinking. maybe bpm’s?

cheers
nj

But those steps are blinking, right? Are you saying that because they stay mainly on with a brief flicker off that this is hard to see? You do have to wait the whole half second to see the flash. Its the same when pressing a step, if you hold it long enough you can read the plocked parameters on the screen, if you don’t hold it long enough you accidently remove the step.

This box was designed in early 2000’s when things were a lot slower pace than they are now :slight_smile:

B