The speed of progress [resolved]

I’m sure that the observations of E2.0 speed bumps are valid, but to be fair, I’m agreeing with someone else that it can be rather more sluggish on occasion fwiw
seeing the dreaded ‘buffering’ animation on very short new threads and in other situations, I’m talking 10s pauses !

yep, happens here as well…this also happenswhen replying to messages. not sure what the cause could be :confused:

This is due to maintenance work related to the other issues facing the forum at the moment. (eg old links, pictures, file section)

1 Like

good to know it’s temporary :thup: - it’s actually sorta crippling sending replies too - getting a few 502 errors and saving buffering icons whilst editing a reply

Pictures should now be present in all posts!! Let us know if this is not the case.

2 Likes

Will we be able to eventually edit our original posts? For example, if we no longer want to trade an item we listed in the Trade section, or if we want to change a For Sale price. :confused: Maybe we already can, and I can’t figure out how?
(Not trying to derail thread. Sorry.)

there’s a little pencil edit icon next to the thread title - one for content too - easy to edit both - not sure if it’s possible to delete a post, haven’t tried, but assume it’s not possible if others have also posted in a thread

Hmm Ok. Maybe it’s just not there on Chrome. Let me try another browser. :slight_smile:

I’m on chrome !

The pencil icon / edit button appears for me in all browsers for new threads and replies posted using the new software, but not for things posted using the old forum software.

1 Like

Weird. Yeah, I’m able to edit my posts, but no edit pencil shows up in the topic near the thread title or near the content section (by the flag, bookmark, etc. area). :disappointed_relieved:

Thanks, PeterHanes. Good to know I’m not going crazy… well, not over this anyhow. :smile_cat:

for threads …

and for content

You created this topic a day ago… Try editing a topic from over a few days ago.

1 Like

You’re right - not flying, is it !

I mean, it’s flapping its wings beautifully, but…