The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

You know you can copy sounds from 1 track to another and copy the track data from one track to another? It takes two steps instead of one:

• Not in Grid mode -> [TRK] + Copy = Sound
  • Grid mode -> [FUNC] + Copy = Track data
5 Likes

Oh snap. Thank you.

I actually was yesterday thinking about a “track swap” function :stuck_out_tongue:
That would be really awesome to keep things organized.

4 Likes

Yes! I was thinking the same thing. Otherwise, one track would need to be kept blank for a temporary save spot.

3 Likes

You can also copy tracks (and sounds) to another pattern instead of keeping a blank track. Or copy the complete pattern to another one and copy back the tracks / sounds to the desired places.

This still means that a “swap track” shortcut would be ACE :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

We need to be persistent about this on ST and DT:

It’s very annoying when we need to change the sound design on every pattern, mainly when we are sound checking before a gig.

1 Like

I still think a “copy all” function would suffice

• copy all 12 sounds to selected pattern.
2 Likes

Yep, transposing would be great. Alas, it’s a synth with sequencer.

1 Like

Copying and pasting track sounds needs to be addressed on all the Digis.
It’s a very common question when anyone starts to compose on them using more than 1 pattern.

There are tons of threads on workarounds, but it’s really a core missing capability.

How many times have we seen this up here…

“Hey everyone, I just got my DT/DN/ST and can’t figure out how to change a sound on a track and have it affect the other patterns. I’m rather new to the whole Elektron workflow thing so it must be me!”

No, it’s not you. It’s a core missing capability :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Bingo! :slight_smile:

Yes. It’s a known issue and that’s why we need insist on.

Kits, please!

2 Likes

We need a GOOD digital cymbal machine. The one in there now is kind of trash. Need something that makes some good big crashes, too.

CC61 function from the OT, too!

I’d love the copy/paste menu from the Monomachine

1 Like

Just portamento.

THINGS HAVE CHANGED

6 Likes

Hold the note and press yes

2 Likes

Cymbals are very difficult to synthesize convincingly. I think the cymbal machines on the Syntakt do a good job (particularly the ride)
Could you give me an example of a good sounding synthesized cymbal that you think sounds better?

Can’t speak for slicetwo, but I like this complex patch i made on the volca drum (the “waveguide” string resonance is also key in this one) - though it wasn’t supposed to be sound realistic, the goal was to sound pleasant in a mix:

The Mutable Instruments Rings resonator also does amazing things in that regard.

We just need a lot of overtones, instead of noise. Or noise with a comb filter. Or noise with a resonator. Or …

And I like CY Alloy, but it’s hard to find sweet spots that are not super grating on the ears.
I also dislike the “Oh, it’s the Model:Cycles” recognition effect.

4 Likes

I meant the digital cymbal specifically. I like multiple hats in my stuff. The analog ones are great. I wish there were more tracks.

Ah, I see. Yeah, fair enough, I agree. I am not keen on the digital one either. Hopefully more digital machines on the way

Octave buttons to be randomized along with whatever page is being randomized (on all elektron machines too!). So many times a sound that gets randomized is ok but much better when you start messing with the octave down / up buttons.

Yeah we can just do it ourselves but many times I have forgotten to check lol.

1 Like