The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

Arp!

5 Likes

In a way i feel more functions would make the Syntakt super bloated, theres A LOT to work with as is, really like the machine.

More interessted in the streamlining of things, maybe to simplify certain aspects.

1 Like

I donā€™t feel implementing parameter slides, adding an arp, or adding chorus/compressor effects would bloat anything. These feel like obvious things that should have been there in the first place. Just donā€™t use them if you donā€™t want these great things for some weird reason.

14 Likes

Iā€™m sure these have been said, but I like nice lists, so:

1. Master Tune
  2. Portamento (especially for the analog engine)
  3. Stereo Chorus Effect
  4. Master Compressor/Limiter
  5. Digital Polyphony
  6. Arpeggiator
7 Likes

I would love some new machines:

• Vocal/formant
  • 3 osc subtractive
  • Additive
  • Digital toms
  • Voice Synth with words, letters, numbers
  • String machine

Other requests:

• Subpages on the synth voices for more fine control of the patches

• Itā€™d also be awesome if the digital voice count could increase to 16 or 24, giving the Digitone-like option for certain tracks to be polyphonic.

12 Likes

Live-recording of what pitch bend MIDI data is macroā€™d to please. I can PB to Synth TUNE while I live record, but on playback only the notes are there. Thank you!

2 Likes

a proper poly machine would be cool. hook us up :3lektron:

3 Likes

I need more synth engines (lead synth sounds, pads) and there are enough engines for drums for sure. Ability to load Wavetables tooā€¦

1 Like

Song mode! Or at least ability to save chain of patterns (up to 128). Now I feel like I have Pocket Operator that I paid almost 1200 USD for.

Please consider log / exp envelopes please. Itā€˜s really needed.

2 Likes

These may well be duplicates but itā€™s a long thread!

Polyphony for synth engines;

More hi-hat options (Iā€™m not a big fan of the Alloy machine sounds. Iā€™d prefer two of the analog cymbal for instance)

What would also be neat:

make all engines available for whatever track you want. Like not just having 4 analogue tracks and 8 digital ones but make them all 12/12. After all itā€™s just buttons linked to the things inside of the machine.

1 Like

I think youā€™re going to have to buy the not yet released or announced Syntone for that :upside_down_face:

Jeah, itā€™s just as simple as that. Elektron is limiting us deliberately with this. It has nothing to do with the fact that there are actually real analog components on the PCB for the analog tracks.

5 Likes

There are some things on this machine that really make not much sense.

Ah I seeā€¦ someone drank from the big cup of friendliness today!

Pro Tip: less spite in your morning coffee akschually brightens up the day instantly! :wink:

Actually itā€˜s true. It should be no hassle to make all machknes available on all tracks, or du you think the analog tracks are in some way hardwired to tracks 9-12 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Itā€˜s the Interface of the Digitakt Dude. You can programm such things :wink:

Hahaha, sometimes I like to think that every Monday morning the intern at Elektron has collected the most outrageous feature requests in a powerpoint and they have a good old laugh :laughing: :joy: :rofl:

4 Likes

I wouldnā€™t say ā€œno hassleā€. First of all, they are probably reusing parts of the codebase for the Analog Rytm, which has dedicated tracks, so that complicates the porting effort further. Then theyā€™d have to figure out a UI to smoothly deal with the fact that one can have multiple active versions of the same digital machine but at most one active version of any analog machine. Finally, there are probably some adjustments in going past eight digital tracks (that being an even power of 2). I suspect that someone thought about it at some point in development and decided against.

3 Likes

Yeah but I really would call that no hassle. Shure they might use some code from the rytm, but counting digital and analog machines and make them unavailable when the counter is full really isnā€˜t hard to programm in theory. Shure there might be other things to consider here but I think itā€˜s really more a design decision than some kind of technical limitstion that would make it impossible. I am a programmer but itā€˜s still just a guessā€¦