The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

I realize how much I miss a Choke Group

4 Likes

Being able to at least choke the metal and analog cymbal would be awesome.

Agree, not having choke groups on a primarily drum machine seems a bit odd tbh!

And I also wanna chime in to the FX block:

such a great tool and Elektron does have awesome fx in its repertoire and for a sound creation machine like the Syntakt Iā€™d really
like to see more effects. Like at least chorus, the awesome shimmer thatā€™s out there and so on. Stutter, reverse and granular (open source Clouds :wink: would be a dream! <3

This way you can really go crazy on the sounds.

7 Likes

Iā€™d like more fx too, but the Fx track is analog, these additional fx would be digital, outside this circuit.

I donā€™t know whatā€™s doable, more fx sends in Amp page 2 ? Return pages with those fx ? UI doesnā€™t seem approriate for that. Iā€™d rather see a digital master fx insert.

At least Iā€™d be glad with a compressor like Digitaktā€™s on master, other additional fx welcome like an heavy distortion, but I guess it can be digital only, and I think it would be before analog fx track only (otherwise youā€™d need several analog/digital conversionsā€¦)

Unless fx track Amp page could be used as an analog dynamic compressor with an update ?

If someone have a better idea of whatā€™s possibleā€¦

3 Likes

This + quantisation of lfo values when applied to pitch.

2 Likes

The box says ā€+35 machinesā€ IIRC, so they are certainly hinting that there will be more machines

Yes! Since it is something like the spiritual successor of the Machinedrum, it demands User Waves (samples) of some simplistic form. Such a beautiful drum machine was born to do it!

Though shall not fear Elektron! It wonā€™t cannibalize on the other machines ā€“ because it is itā€™s own thing. And it would most definitely make waves! :surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

4 Likes

req: easier project quick saving

right now when trying to quick save a project you have to rename your project, which isnā€™t needed as I am quick-saving for a reason. Just let us choose ā€œoverwrite y/nā€ and be done with it pls. :slight_smile:

but if I click ā€œYESā€ Iā€™m asked to ā€œsave project asā€ and not only would it be tedious to rename it via the T9 style keyboard, itā€™s a totally unnecessary step tbh.

cheers,
Cat

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve quick saved a project without naming it first

1 Like

Yup me as well

It looks like you are already inside the project menu when trying to quick save.

In any other view you should be able to press Func + Save Project and then hit Yes when asked if you want to overwrite. No renaming necessary.

1 Like

nope, from wherever I am: if I press func+gear (aka save project) it does fling me to the project selection seen in the first picture and then I can select my current project and it does this thing

also: current firmware 1.01

Thatā€™s weirdā€¦ Like @snakegoat said, a FUNC+PROJECT followed by YES does the trick for me. I save patterns and projects constantly. Could it be that you opened a new project and are overwriting an existing one? In that case it makes sense to be able to rename, but it would be faster if instead of ā€œnew projectā€ it would just have the existing project name as placeholder.

5 Likes

Huh!

Thank you Eaves, that did the trick. I really was somehow in a new project (dunno how tbh) and after reloading my original ā€œA New Frontierā€ that quick-save was there, working as intended!

Perfect! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Midi machines should be able to control other internal tracks without the need for a midi cable. This seems like the easiest way to add an insane amount of power to the Syntakt. Implementing the option seems like a no-brainer; what gives?

8 Likes

Iā€™ve been pipe dreaming this since the digitakt.

3 Likes

After a bigger update Elektron can increase price

Midi-Track with more than 4 note polyphony. (Alternatively have 13-16 available as Midi Tracks which others have suggested :wink: )

6 Likes

Same!

1 Like

Iā€™d like to see a pluck machine. It would be great.

3 Likes