The Unofficial Bangface Weekender 2022 hype thread

Six weeks to go, can’t fucking wait to get banging.

Who’s going?

Who’s playing?

Who’s babysitting?

4 Likes

I’m babysitting?

1 Like

Awesome thanks. There’s a pizza number on the table. We’ll be back…. late.

3 Likes

Also: I’m in! Dancing only.

A friend’s playing as “DJ Wide For Five”.

1 Like

Woop woop wooooooooooooop !

Coming and playing … TWICE ! One breakcore set as Stazma and one acid hardware set as Repeat Eater.

CAN’T F-(*%$ING WAIT !!!

8 Likes

Cool cool cool

1 Like

A Bangface without Stazma is like a Bangface without Stazma.

2 Likes

PaulChuckle_BangFace2022
DJ Paul Chuckle :rofl:

5 Likes

I know.

He’s playing on the Thursday though, so I’ll miss him.

1 Like

I can feel a Queen Vic Day/night marathon coming on.

I’ve got a spare berth in my BangFace chalet. Do you know someone looking for space? The register closes on weds so I’m panic-selling the space.

As it’s quite an intimate “camping” situation, this might be worth saying:

They’d be sharing with me and a couple who’re only staying part time. We’re all 40s, parents, quite cerebral types; our friends are spread across two or three other chalets, mixture of fairly sedate, queer/-friendly, arty, mostly thinky people. Some of us really go for the dress-up; I’m not very creative with this. One of our gang is DJing some ridiculous early morning set of gabba-pop-mashup.

2 Likes

I’ve struggled to find 3 other people to fill mine, let alone anyone elses.

Most of my friends are boring knobheads.

You could try your luck on the Facebook group, but that might be a bit of a lottery.

1 Like

You have a whole one to yourself? That’s “going large”.

Friends are rubbish. Techno will never let you down.

And other such silly attempts at empathy…

I have my coparent and another mate wrangling FaceBook on my behalf. I don’t use Meta products (except shamefully through my friendly proxy humans).

1 Like

No, two mates and the wife (maybe, if she can be bothered)

1 Like

I’ve a ghost account that is only for Bangface and gigs, as that seems to be the only place I can deal with either these days

1 Like

a few years ago I’d have jumped at that offer. used to be mad for festivals & always wanted to go to bang face. I’m 43 this week n I turned down primaVera with my mates this summer. can’t handle that shit anymore :joy:🥲

have fun :partying_face:

1 Like

i had some great bang face experiences in the 00s, in 2022 i can’t think of a worse environment to try and enjoy music. :slight_smile:
i’m actually shocked this forums victor meldrew is going ( :blue_heart: you really @Fin25) .
i can’t wait to hear your detailed breakdown of music/young people/price of a cup of beer/security/phone use. personally if i was running rave like this i’d sever the wifi so the whole event is disconnected from reality.

Consider it my annual purge of all my feelings of love, joy and brotherhood.

As long as they don’t have the 2019 security team back, I’ll be good. They were knobs.
By the looks of the Facebook group, there’s a lot of young whippersnappers going. I like young people, I can suck all the joy out of them, very nourishing.

Also, who drinks beer at Bangface? There’s a shop full of Buckfast on site.

There’s never been WiFi, it’s at fucking Pontins.
Not much in the way of phone signal either.

Although I haven’t been since 2019, so things might have changed.

Can’t say I’m overly impressed with having it in May. Might not be any horizontal snowstorms this year.

2 Likes

https://bangface.com/weekender2022/lineup/

No psy?

Is this actually a festival

1 Like