This “Inject” plugin looks like Overbridge for everything

It’s a VST that brings audio into a DAW via a track plugin. It seems as if it works kinda like Overbridge.

This would be totally rad if so, as you could bring in all your USB Audio-capable devices (OP-1, OP-Z, etc) at the same time without having to make an aggregate device.

I might have it all wrong. There’s a demo available though.

2 Likes

There’s also Blackhole and Loopback!

Looks cool, just wish it wasn’t subscription based.

But these guys are used DAILY by the biggest music brands

1 Like

I love Backhole but it always screws me up when I restart my Mac and it’s the audio driver for everything. So I have to reset it when I hop on a zoom call or whatever. Just annoying.

I’d love a plugin that can loopback audio from the web browser but when the plugin is off, everything returns to normal. Not sure if that is possible or this plugin actually works this way, but for me it would be a lot better, even though Blackhole is free.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think Rogue Amoeba | Loopback: Cable-Free Audio Routing would necessarily resolve that.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s the same as Loopback and others. Those route the audio around outside the DAW, and require you to switch audio sources inside the DAW.

Loopback is also “just” a fancy device aggregator. I love it, but it’s not this.

The way I understand Injector (I will test the demo after my coffee), is that you keep using the same main audio interface with, say, Ableton. Then, this plugin can inject other connected hardware into the track.

It’s the same way Overbridge works. You can use your audio interface, and also your Elektron boxes via the plugin.

I didn’t see that. I thought it was a €100 purchase. :frowning:

I don’t know, I clicked on pricing, and it was subscription pricing. Maybe I was wrong?

https://audiomovers.com/wp/pricing/

That’s for the rest of their stuff. Inject has its own payment options. €150, currently €100.

1 Like

Well that makes sense.

I don’t care what anyone says, I was wrong.

2 Likes

You could actually do that with the vcv rack vst and the input module in there. It lets you choose any audio source on your computer. I‘m having like two big interfaces connected simultaneously connected to ableton via that.

4 Likes

Definitely going to check this out now. I always wanted an Overbridge for other boxes.

overbridge__

1 Like

I checked the demo, and it works as expected, but the latency is significant. I hooked up the OP-1 F via USB, and “injected it” at 128 and 64 samples, and with all my usual latency-reducing tricks, it was still unplayable live.

Ah well.

1 Like