This one's weird -- an A4 & AR techno groove

Hello 'Nauts – here’s my latest groove with the A4 and AR:

One of these days I’ll figure out how to get less crappy video (may not be possible with a webcam, which is all I have at the moment, but I digress). The A4 and AR supply all the sounds, nicely saturated with @DaveMech 's Live Mastering preset for the Heat and a touch of eq and compression in the mix. The eagle-eyed viewer may spot my OT on a sliding shelf under the desk that’s supplying transport control, and out of view I have a couple of expression pedals on the floor controlling a filter macro and pitch bend on one of the A4 voices. It was nice to discover that the expression inputs give you another two full macros in addition to the performance controls on top.

As the title suggests, I feel a bit weird about this one – it’s kind of my first stab at incorporating some improvisation into my techno efforts. BUT: sometimes you have to just record stuff and put it out so you can move on to the next thing, so here we go!

7 Likes

Fun track. I like that 90s jazz-techno vibe. I’ve been focusing on Four and Rytm all year myself, so was interested in what kinda tones you get from them. I particularly like your drums: tight, sharp, pushy.

3 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been having a real blast with the AR lately. Some of the percussive sounds originated on the A4 and got sampled on the AR, which I’ve also been doing more lately with the Digitone as well. The A4 and AR are a killer pair. I appreciate the listen!!

3 Likes

Such a fun and happy track dude :slight_smile:
Was fun to see it develop. And of course very cool to see you perform it in one go. The expression pedal to tune is still messing with my brain as it almost looks like you’re doing it on the A4 keyboard itself haha.

Looking forward to the next one!

1 Like

Many thanks my friend. I think the expression pedals are going to be making more appearances (figuratively, since they’ll still be under the desk!) in the future!

1 Like