Today I've given up on Overbridge

AR and A4, nothing but issues since the OB 1.15 version.
OB control panel sees the RYTM and A4, but randomly they don’t initialize properly in Cubase 9 on Win10 x64
I use an overhub and sometimes a reboot works, sometimes enabling / dissabling channels.
And there is a HUUUUUUGE 3000 samples latency, to get the sequencers run in sync. I own an Innerclock syncgen II and all my other outboard syncs around 800 samples.

So I’m back to “classic” midi mode and removed OB and performance is back to normal levels. The only downside is the 1 stereobus for the A4.

I will wait for the next version, but the HUGE latency to play the internal sequencers in sync, is not acceptable for me.

I would welcome a midi only version of OB, that works in midi mode to get automation into daw, but the audio functionallity is mediocre at best.

1 Like

I’ll say it again to everyone who’s bashing Overbridge. It’s your systems fault and not Overbridges. It’s running flawless over here since release.

Did you try without Overhub?

1 Like

I gave up drinking bourbon last month.
Didn’t make a post though.

4 Likes

Could be that it is system fault but OB seems too prone to faults.

Today I switched from AK to A4 and for some reason Overbridge doesn’t work at all with A4 even though it worked flawlessly with AK.

Previous version or OB worked much more stable for me.
But when it works, the latency is still to high to be usable
I want a midi only version, without al the latency introduced with the audio features.

Hi Raphie

I have no problems with OB in my system.
I use AR and AK and the latest update.
My Mac is Maverick.

The only thing that doesn´t work is my AH.
I hope there will be an update s o o n. Been waiting a long time.

best
tomas

I kinda rearranged my setup around OB and whatit can do. But - never got it working. Tried it in sonar. No joy so bought Ableton. No joy. Bought an overhub to run it all through aswell. I just cant get it to work. Maybe its me. Maybe its my system. Maybe its OB or a combination of any of those. But… hey. It dont work for me - ill just move on and accept it and work around it. Like i did before :slight_smile:
Pity and all that but worse shit happens.
And besides overhub is handy to have anyway and Ableton is cool for me and i prefer it to Sonar. So all good :smiley:

I’m curious if your using Logic? The release notes for 1.15 said something about a higher logic version than what mavs can run “recommended”, so I haven’t upgraded yet…

Hi
Well I can run both Logic and Studio One 3 on Maverick together with OB. Logic is running 10.2.2
But I think the recommended upgrade is when you want to run AH.
AH won´t work at all on Maverick.

the upgrade 1.15 was a big difference in Logic. Still I feel the tightness is somewhat better in Studio One 3.

Yes, 10.2.2 is what I was wondering about, thanks…