Topical Fruit Salad - Boss Rush (Technopop album log, 1 of 7 tracks complete)

Had the idea to document the creation of a themed album I’ve been working on since 2020. Started as a set of jamming beats I used to perform live, and then lay dormant for most of 2021. Recently decided to make a pop album out of it. That means extending the beats into full songs and adding lyrics to at least a few of em.

The theme of the album, as you might have guessed, is boss fight. I’ve tended to associate the adrenalin-pumped stress of bullet hell shooters with my traumatic childhood - used to sit at the piano and improvise in a manic psuedo-prog boss music style more frequently than I care to admit. So you can think of this as a kind of exorcism…

Most of not all of the synthesis will be taken care of by the Model:Cycles.

Here’s the first one. This is a semi-rough cut.

01 - Broken Femur (0.1)

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Dustin, and I’m a shootemup addict.

:smiley:

Love shooters. I think I have collected every good one in existence on any platform. I was just playing Dimahoo on my MiSTer the other day, and Darius Burst Chronicle

Anyway, nice concept and project! I’ll be following!

1 Like

Boss!

1 Like

Forgot about this topic.

A severe setback rendered this project’s future uncertain.

I have to either recreate what I did during the past few months or go in a new direction with it. For now, I’m taking a break from it. I started rebuilding but the huge amount of work involved discouraged me.