TR8S - Beginners Question

Hi all,
just received my Tr8S yesterday and I do have some troubles for which i can’t find any answers.

1. Importing Samples via SD Card: After successfully importing samples from my SD Card, I keep getting the Error Message: “SDCard NotReady” when to try to import some more samples. Only Solution i found. Remove and re-insert SD Card.

2. Freezing: The System freezes for a minute or so. This happens when I’m browsing in Utility Menu.

3. Editor. Is sweet. But Could I also access all parameter through the device itself, rather hook it to a computer?

I am on V2.51. The SD Card is Formatted via my Tr8S. Tried different SD Cards. Problem persists.

Thanks for any help, hints and tips.

1 and 2 no idea

1. Yes. Its all there. Consult the manual for menu shortcuts.

I dont use the editor. Been on V2 since it came out, never updated. I make all my own kits on the hardware.

Thank you.

For 1 (and maybe 2) I’d try a different SD card. It should not be doing that. For 3, I’ve never used the editor. Hardware is quick-ish to get around on once you know it a bit.

1 Like

Rolands are finicky with SD cards. I had a similar problem with my new card for the 404 update.

I would try this. Get a Sandisk card. I think the TR8S is 32 gig max?

I would reset the TR8S to factory, then reinstall the latest firmware, then reset to factory again.

Format the card first on your computer. I think it’s it’s exFAT.

Then format on the TR8S.

Then I would export something to the card before you load it up to import. Let the TR8S establish the file structure as much as possible.

Then load up your samples.

2 Likes

Thank you. A different SD Card solved the problem!

2 Likes