Track mutes don't reload

Hello everyone,
I am using the Digitakt with the Digitone and recently found out, that you can mute the Digitone Tracks with the Midi-Track Mutes of the Digitakt (by enabling external mutes and setting PortConfig / param output to NRPN on the Digitakt). This works fine when I mute the tracks manually (global or per pattern).
But if I for example unmute MIDI Track A, save the pattern to temporary with Func+Yes, mute MIDI Track A and then reload my pattern mutes with Func+No, the Miditracks are reloaded (MIDI Track A is lit purple again), but the Track on the Digitone itself is not unmuted and plays no sound. I have to do this manually again to make the Digitone play sound again / be unmuted again (the notes of the Digitone are on the Digitone sequencer).

Is this an issue with settings in the Digitakt or Digitone or is it a bug in one of the devices? Has anyone experienced the same problem?

It would be very interesting to solve this problem as I could reload all patterns played on all my devices with the press of one button while playing live as I use the Digitakt as a brain sequencer. At the moment I have to reload the Digitakt and manually reload the Digitone tracks, which is relatively time consuming.

I would very much appreciate the help :slight_smile:

Welcome.

Doesn’t seem possible.

1 Like

So is it something Elektron should maybe consider for an update? Would be an important key feature when using those two machines together in a live act…

I was super excited when Cink showed off the Saved Mute states and just recently purchased my Digitakt. The only problem is it does not reload Mute states when returning to the pattern. The whole point of saved Mute states is to be able to build up from a minimal pattern. That is an automated trick that many a KORG box users rely on during performance; the return to saved Mute states when reloading a pattern. To be properly useful it should be an optional " reload all Mute states on pattern reload" and I arrive at my break down again. This would be similar to the Analog Four "Reload Kit " on pattern change in the A4 operating system. Currently you would need to remember to remute you mute states, takes away from the immediate performance . Am I missing System option for that? Thank you Dan

Purple mutes are saved with the pattern, green mutes are not.

Edit: Ah, now I get you… no, you’re correct, when “returning” to the pattern the mutes wont reload to the initially saved state. And yes, being able to reload the mutes on all patterns would be great. Sorry, no solution from me.