Transfer 1.4 upgrade

Not being able to backup kits with samples on the RYTM is so unbelievably bad!
And this still does not fix that by the sound of it but i guess its better than nothing.

I was just about to request that sort of thing (before this dropped)! I would very much like to be able to feed these files to the Overbridge plug-in so that I can load state saves without having to change projects

Very nice, loaded it up and got really worried when I saw that samples wasn’t an option on the DT, but then checked here and saw there’s a new OS update! Everything is working perfectly now. Incredible update. Elektron has been making me very happy lately on the software end of things!

Octatrack already has a backup system, it’s called “copying the contents of the CF card” :wink:

11 Likes

How long is it going to take me to understand these things!?

(Been an OT owner for about 3-months)

If you’ve ever owned a USB flash drive its the exact same thing. So however long that takes hahaha!

4 Likes

Finally!! Project backup without 1983 sysex nonsense :confounded:

Do I need to ipgrade my Digitakt? Last update I see on the site is from june ‘20

1 Like

Such a game changer! Thank you so much Elektron crew!

2 Likes

Crazy thought, howabout we start some “open source” projects on elektronauts :smiley:
Now that we can share single files for whole projects!

11 Likes

Great update. An iOS version could be useful too.

2 Likes

Also check out Octaedit for a more advanced (third party) OT management tool.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Fixed! Thanks!

4 Likes

Yes! That’s correct!

5 Likes

Correct! You can now share sounds including the samples and projects likewise with others.

7 Likes

What is the best way to share Rytm Kits under this new system? Like if I build a couple Kits with sounds that include samples, what would be easiest to share only the Kits with friends? Is it just by creating a new Project for every Kit I want to share individually? Is there a better solution to be implemented in the near future with another Transfer update?

1 Like

Absolutely fabulous. This opens up a new workflow for DT.
Prepared template projects with just selected samples and sounds. Save project as xxxxdrumkit. Use those templates to backup and recall if needed in the future or share with the community.
Or transfer current projects to pc, wipe +drive and retransfer projects>Result purged all unused samples on +drive !

5 Likes

FINALLY! Cant wait to finally backup my RYTM.

2 Likes

Holly…! Amazing.

Patience :slight_smile: Kidding, but this is in the planning.

12 Likes