Transfer 1.4 upgrade

This is great ! :partying_face:

Just tested, and back-upped all my favorite A4 Sounds in a couple of drag and drops. Great great update, and no issues here. (A4mk2, MacBook Air running Big Sur)

:cupid: Awesome news!

1 Like

Why not for the OT?

If you read the thread it’s already been mentioned and revealed as totally not needed because you can already copy the CF card for any backups.

10 Likes

I can finally sleep
 knowing my projects are backed up

3 Likes

Thx, yes you are correct

1 Like

Just tried it this morning, looks good!! So funny that I was just asking about this haha

On Digitakt, I have found that when directory name has two underscores at the beginning (like “__Some samples”) it fails to copy everything inside this directory with message “Could not create output stream for sample at
”. This happens both when copying samples and projects that contain the samples that comes from this folder. It does not happen when there is only one underscore in the directory name.

1 Like

It’s best practice to only use standard characters for naming sounds, samples, projects, sets etc. and avoid everything else as much as possible. Some computers won’t be able to read/access files when backing up like that or vice versa.

I understand, although I have never had issues with underscores in a file structure, had this directory for a long time and DT never had problem with it. One underscore works fine here, so I just report it thinking it may be a bug with regular expressions or something.

2 Likes

Doesn’t run under macOS 10.11 as stated :frowning:
It says 10.12 or higher is needed when I try opening

One special character seems to be the limit in general with Elektron gear, I made the same experience with the OT. One special character no problem but with two the folder wouldn’t even show up on the computer.

1 Like

Lol, I already know patience is needed with anything Elektron. It only took like 3 years for Overbridge 2 to be ready after it was announced. It’s only been 7 years since Rytm was first released to now have this basic backup functionality, lol. So yeah, we know about patience.

Any tips on how to most efficiently do this with what is available now?

This is great! Thanks Elektron !

New Transfer version has a strange bug for me: I cannot copy a project .dtprj with its samples included into my computer, it just stalls on “downloading samples” (see pic)
It works instead with project without samples and with sounds

My setup: Digitakt 1.20A, Overbridge v2.0.47.1, Transfer v1.4.0.1, macos mojave

Strange. Do projects without special characters work (#)?

1 Like

No project containing samples will be transferred into computer (with or without special characters)

no more support for wav files? How can I do to send sample to digitakt from computer?
this version is really disappointing, i will keep using crunch / elk-herd

doesn®t work also on my mac pro with 10.11.6