Traveling W/ Syntakt

Ciao!

Taking my Syntakt out on vacation to maui :~). 2 Questions, looking for any and all input!

• Is it safe for the machine, for me to use it powered by the outlet on the plane?

• What are the best options for battery pack + cords?

Thanks!

1 Like

Earlier threads:

I tried a Ripcord with an M:C and an Anker powerbank, without problems. However, others have had issues with Ripcord quality and with Anker’s lack of 12v support. With the Syntakt, I tried the Birdcord 12PD and the Baseus battery they recommend, and they have been excellent.

I’ve seen the claim elsewhere that this device, plus any USB-C PD battery pack, works fine to power any of the current Elektron devices (except for the Model series, which requires a different voltage).

Birdcord PD âž” 12V (USB PD Voltage Converter) | Songbird FX

1 Like

The only power I’ve had on a plane was standard usb , enough to charge my phone.
I’ve never had a normal plug socket .

I assume this is just for the flight ? Not while you are in Maui … sun , beaches , volcanos, zoo …
You can stare at a small black clicky box when you get home.

1 Like

The Ripcord USB-adapter made for Digitakt/Digitone does not work for Syntakt because it has a slight difference in electrical specs. You can find it in the manual and Ripcord also confirmed this but also said they would work one one that would work for Syntakt but I haven’t seen one yet.

Very nice if there is an alternative that works and I will definitely check it out :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Thanks for the tip!

I am sure it would be fine to power the brick from the plane outlet.

I think you should check the specs of the usb-pd powerbank can deliver 12volts 2amp supply… the ripcord is rated for that and Andrew Huang jams outside for a bit with it in his Syntakt vid so i think the ripcord would work.

With the model:cycles it uses like 5volts 0.4 amps and my 20 000mAh powerbank lasts a Long long time… I think @ 12v 2a or even close to that it would drain pretty fast with the Syntakt, I dont have a “trigger” cable but it seems like ppl are saying the birdcord is better quality. Another option might be Adafruit if your powerbank has usb-c output.