Trent Reznor uses a Digitakt!

I imagine its that kind of prep that makes them what they are

3 Likes

if Chevy Chase used the digitakt

love this cat :grin:stop frontin on the digitakt

:astonished: quick! Fans boys!! Everybody buy one so you can sound just like him!!! :clown_face:

1 Like

I dont get the adulation either. Never heard a track i like by him or no more nails :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

The Cortini fan club is stronger

6 Likes

have you never been 14? i remember the first time i heard

and

i wouldnt say they’re “good” now, but i could say the same thing about other bands that currently seem lame. i feel the same way about them as i do about radiohead and the smashing pumpkins. they were good for the time. i guess radiohead is a different thing. but chronologically, they fit into my taste palette as a pre teen - teenager in the late 90’s - early 00’s

plus i think that like greenwood or reznor, their taste transcends whatever genre is trendy in current year and translates to pretty inspiring sound design. if not only because they are some of the last real record label funded artists that were part of that tradition where bands were given massive resources like studio time, any instrument imaginable, collaborators, and unlimited free time to create

7 Likes

Head like a hole!!!

2 Likes

This was no 1 in the charts when i was 14. Your up against stiff opposition :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Gonna be kicking himself when he realizes theres no song mode

10 Likes

You could make it a little more concise, narrow in on the specifics.

“Trent my man, can I come to your house and touch your Grandmother?”

11 Likes

I loved NIN when I was in my early 20s. Listening to Fragile the first time was one of my biggest musical journeys.
Now a lot of the lyrics and drama don’t speak to me anymore… And I‘m quite tired of fuzzy guitars these days.

But his production is still super impressive.
It’s his soundtracks where it’s at now. They are great.

6 Likes

Welcome to another episode of Jay Leno’s Bad Gear

9 Likes

I’d buy it.

1 Like

download (6)

24 Likes

now i’m interested. how much Digitakt is his daily dose?

I’m a huge NIN fan so biased, here’s my attempt to win over non-fans, killer live opener!

11 Likes

Respect to Lebowski :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I generally like responding to threads about artists that i don’t like and tell the people about my opinion. But not this time. I like Trent Reznor. And i love my Digitakt. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

comment removed… much better to just mute the thread.

Actually the first time i used my DT, my first thoughts were that the plockable sample changes and distortion sounded very NIN / How to destroy angles.

5 Likes