Tribute to Gear Presenters

Over the years, past and present - who were some personalities that you could remember well, be them presenting those gear [online (due COVID-19) or offline] in form of introduction, hands-on demonstration and/or interviews, etc. I think they are a class of folks who deserved a bit more appreciation and recognition :two_hearts:

Rebecca from Arturia - great energy (wonder if she’s still working for them).

Will from Sound and Sound - cool demeanour

2 Likes

It had to be said

12 Likes

Still unsurpassed, and he was an actor not a synth head AFAIR, but the presentations he did were second to none IMHO.

Hector - the early Elektron demos of MD, MM, specifically, the later stuff featuring him was not as good/useful.

17 Likes

The man, the myth, the legend

13 Likes

Cenk leaving Elektron was one of the worst things to happen to the company image.

4 Likes

Bert, Yamaha’s most entertaining demonstrator.

Also watching a live demonstration of Roland gear by David ahlund (keys) and Michael Schack (drums) was awesome.

2 Likes

KODEK

And let’s not pretend this video didn’t make us all go out and buy a Swarm

2 Likes

Nikol from Bastl was cool, good tutorials… rocked a newborn baby as an accessory at times.

4 Likes

goat

Arthur from expressive E was doing some good demos

the OG:

…not to brag, but i did some very unforgetable live presenting back in the days when traditional saleshows were still a thing, remodeling old stuff was THE very hot future shit, so native reinvented pro52’s and hammond stuff to be sold on cd-roms and ableton changed the whole daw game out of the sudden…i was talking my ass off via one of the hottest pilot like headsetmics, so i had my hands free to jog through screen real estate mirrored on stageprojections in my back and people asked me stuff like…what’s a lfo…?

ni were totally happy, while robert from ableton was not impressed too much by my presenting skills… :wink:

and long before cenk and i ever met and became friends, i still remember how much i was impressed and stunned by his skills, when he was presenting the latest swedish baby back then, called a4, on a sonic state podcast together with his former boss right next to him, creating and dialing in what that guy was talking about in realtime response to nicks questionary…
and hell yeah, beloved mr. dataline, in this case not talking at all but giving his “special smile” while twiddeling in sheer realtime live hussel to catch up with whatever his boss or nick were mentioning, whenever something “next” crossed their minds per second…reeeeespect…!
he sold me the a4 that day right away…

oh, and i don’t miss my presenting days at all…it’s a tough job, when done properly…but i miss the days when there were only real people with real passion and truu knowhow like mentioned nick batt, mr sonicstate himself, were on the new “telly”…

nowadays 9 out of 10 don’t really have a clue and are just in for some clickbait, while real live presenter talk barely exists anymore…

and ooops…just realized, i shared this anekdote here somewhere else already before…
sorryyyyyyy… still able to remember at least all essential things…but all these procrastinating moments piling up online here…not so much…
less talking, more action…

2 Likes