Trip Hop - Unkle, Tricky, Portishead, Allflaws

products of its time…I doubt there will be as much localized sounds and scenes emerging as much especially in the western world…

1 Like

Great sounds

1 Like

The way the video is cut, with all girls being happy, makes this video so stupid. Sorry for spreading negativity, but the cheesyness, combined with the girls is too annoying! (Thaybran; i hope its not you, and if it is, dont care about me and go on enjoying music and girls; it is just not for me)

I am in my 50s mate
I put the video up for the music
The music is great. If you couldn’t get passed the happy girls then I am sorry to offend.
Shut the screen off and listen to the music

2 Likes

Nice thread.
I had to scroll way too far to get to Smoker’s Delight, though. Maan! :wink:

Pork was great, used to hunt for everything FB, Solid Doctor, Bullitnuts, Baby Mammoth, Akotcha, HoA, back in the day…

First Massive LP, forever.
incl. what might be the best track of all times ‘Unfinished Sympathy’.

The way I see it, trip hop was basically a short movement that consisted of like minded artists and ended when those artists either quit or drifted away from their initial sound. After them, a lot of stuff that’s vaguely trip hop-ish has been made but could fall under so many other genres (from downtempo to instrumental hip hop to just general electronic music) that it’s probably better not to call them trip hop.

1 Like

Trip hop meets breakbeat vibes

2 Likes
4 Likes

Loved the use of the Roland VT-3 on the Patch Notes:INIT video…shame these don’t seem to be very prolific on the 2nd hand sites. The VT-4 sounds like it’s more focused on auto-tuning but that may just be down to the proliferation of ‘singing’ demos on YouTube.
I fancy using something like this as an instrument with my voice.

1 Like

This one has been getting some love :grin:

4 Likes

reminds me of this classic:

6 Likes

Cool sounds from DJ Krush

4 Likes

Amazing track

Like this tune

New Tricky album playlist

1 Like