Trip Hop - Unkle, Tricky, Portishead, Allflaws

This seller is rad! Glad I replaced this one. Good Saturday vibes

5 Likes

Now we all know where you live!!! Seriously tho, that’s so cool. Gonna listen again tonight

2 Likes

Lunar Symphony - Heartbeat

Portishead - Roseland NYC - one hell of a gig…

7 Likes

Totally awesome

1 Like

New Massive Attack

1 Like

Living in Bristol during the 90’s did feel special. There were so many different artists making instrumental hip-hop/Breaky grooves. It was always on early mornings after a night out dancing. Ninja Tune is such a great label and I would venture the Journeys by DJ mix as very influential. Someone posted a video of Ruby, I loved her former band Silverfish (grindy, grimey uk hardcore/grunge sort of stuff). I found the switch to Trip-hop interesting and have her album (as well as the Silverfish vinyls).
I would listen to this sort of stuff during the week (in the 90’s) as an alternative to Techno/House and it opened so many doors to Jazz, funk, latin. afro-beat/funk etc.
Thanks for posting so many great memories :slight_smile:
This is Ruby singing in her previous band Siverfish doing a great cover of ‘White Lines’:

I had a teenage crush on her and met her in Bristol while on tour with Gallon Drunk and Therapy? (before they went rock metal)…
6 Likes

Leslie Rankine (Ruby) singing on a Pigface cover of a Silverfish tune, more industrial than trip hop. But there was a definite connection and influence between bands like Pigbag (uk west-country industrial post-punk) and the Wild Bunch… plus there is so little Silverfish online I like to promote when I can:

oh- and Luke Vibert produced probably my favourite tune in the genre of Trip-hop:
6 Likes

don’t think ‘C’ (Leslie Winer) has been mentioned on here, but her debut album ‘Witch’ from 1993 was a true proto triphop masterpiece … if you can find a copy grab it… ( https://www.discogs.com/-Witch/master/86792 )
someone has put it on youtube luckily :slight_smile: (though I prefered the cover when it was released under the ‘C’ pseudonym )

2 Likes

Trip hop, or hip hop. This would be the pinnacle of what I would love to achieve if I had the skills. My nirvana

3 Likes

Amazing track

1 Like

his best track! Indescribable feeling

1 Like

Not strictly trip-hop, much more in the dub fields with interesting influences from mediterranean music:

1 Like
2 Likes

Love this

Really like this style. Will check out more from this artist.

1 Like
2 Likes