Trip Hop - Unkle, Tricky, Portishead, Allflaws

New Tricky

5 Likes

I came across this band recently. Never bumped into them in the 90ā€™s. They only made two albums (the second one for Trent Reznorā€™s Nothing Records). They had a third one almost ready but then Nothing Records folded and it never came out. I guess thatā€™s where they originally met because this band features a certain Atticus Ross of later fame.

(As a sidenote I read somewhere that 12 Rounds got together because most of them worked/played on Bomb The Bassā€™ Clear which is one of my absolute favourite trip hop albums.)

2 Likes

Hey thanks for this. Really like it. Canā€™t believe these went under my radar. Anything connected to Trent Reznor has to worth a listen in my eyes.

Will enjoy listening to more stuff from them.

1 Like

Classic dark beats from this guy

6 Likes

I can imagine a line of abstract rap lyrics on this trackā€¦

The singer of Almamegretta is also featuring a solo rap project called Murubutu, also something to check outā€¦

Hey thanks will check it out

Been looking for Laikaā€™s third album for a long while. I used to have it back then. Today I found this 2cd Laika -compilation from a charity shop. I guess I donā€™t need the Good Looking Blues -album anymore. This has all the good stuff from it. Very nice trip hoppy sound.

4 Likes

Really liking this thanks

1 Like

Some new dark beats from Allflaws

ALLFLAWS - ANOTHER WORLD (Official Audio/Visual)

1 Like

Black Era - Bark

What an awesome threadā€¦ making a playlist out of this

2 Likes

Please share the link if you make it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Are we allowed to post our own stuff up in this thread?
Was going through some of the more recent tracks in this thread then ended up on my soundcloud listening to old tracks. Man, I wish I had as much time these days to make music as I used to before kids came along. lol.

I wanted to share this song, probably the song Iā€™m most proud of making, certainly the most ā€˜finishedā€™ song. It was done for a DJ Shadow/Little Dragon remix competition. Iā€™m a huge fan of shadow, the prize was a your track on one of his releases so I put a lot into this. Took me so long to perfect and finalise this track. Only keys are midi sequenced, the drums and bass are all played live.

Sorry, rambing onā€¦ hereā€™s the trackā€¦

2 Likes

Lux Departure has some nice Bristol-ish trip-hop
theyā€™re italian tho

1 Like

Hi,

Trip hop and moreā€¦ maybe some have already been mentioned above.

Cirkus

Neneh Cherry

The Notwist

Ez3kiel

Zero 7

Morcheeba

Alpha

MIG

Sampha

Skinshape

Portishead

Sage Francis

Son lux

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Hey thanks these are amazing. Really enjoying going through these tracks. Iā€™ve found some new artists that I want to explore more.

1 Like